• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problems on Hope Valley line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Just boarded the 0855 to Manchester Picc at Chinley, train 12 down.

Walking to Chinley I saw a 142 at about 0838, leaving Chinley a good 15+ mins late to Sheffield. Now just seen the LDBs at New Mills Central, the 0913 to Sheffield is 16 down!

Any particular problems or is it just pacers having a bad morning?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Used the line yesterday, both ways using the local stopping service.there were very bad traction issues leaving most stations.
On the return service we arrive 15 late into Sheffield.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Drizzle+Leaves equals slippy! some were struggling today mine didn't (thats the way it can go) don't forget the RHTT covers a wide area and it does not always do a great job

Chapeltom

Established Member
TransPennine Express service due to pass Chinley at 0735 passed at 0803, but left Sheffield on time. A Class 66 has just gone through, but no 0755 nor 0803 and shown on NRE as having gone through.

Any ideas? Its cold today!

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Signalling Failure between Stockport and Edale, Pilotman Working in Place

Sorry!

VideozVideoz

Signalling Failure between Stockport and Edale, Pilotman Working in Place

Sorry!

What's pilotman? Sorry I havent a clue! Also, signalling failure must've been around New Mills South junction where line splits for Stockport or Romiley otherwise I can't see any other reason for the Northern Stoppers to be delayed if it was nearer the Stockport end.

8.02 from New Mills Central was 30mins down this morning (same train as your 7.55 Tom)

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
What's pilotman? Sorry I havent a clue! Also, signalling failure must've been around New Mills South junction where line splits for Stockport or Romiley otherwise I can't see any other reason for the Northern Stoppers to be delayed if it was nearer the Stockport end.

8.02 from New Mills Central was 30mins down this morning (same train as your 7.55 Tom)

A pilotman accompanies the Driver from A - B if there is a major signalling fault, usually he is a signaller or similar grade. It was a Track Circuit Failure so maybe an attempt at a cable theft or something major, all the details I have I'm afraid.

Just found out it was a broken rail, explains alot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.