• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problems on the ECML 14/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zod

An incident between Edinburgh and Dunbar led to the line being closed for almost 5 hours during the start of the rush hour. A very challenging situation for LNER especially as they prepare for the wet and windy weather tomorrow. There will be some very late trains arriving into Kings Cross tonight.
The Chieftain was 271L into Edinburgh and the 1452 Aberdeen 212L into EDB.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
3 and a half hours the line was closed, not 5.
Due to a person being hit by a train (0S68) at Longniddry.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
My thoughts go to all involved.

Indeed the northbound Chieftain was one of the first affected. Unfortunately it had been delayed, amongst other things, by it needing a set swap at Doncaster. I believe it left London formed of 2*5-car sets, one of which could only run in electricity, so it wasn't going to make it to Inverness. It was roughly an hour late already before it got further delayed South of Edinburgh, so had it not been initially delayed, it wouldn't have been so late reaching it's destination.

pinkpanther

Her name was Becca (https://twitter.com/BeccaAnnArchy). We don't know her full name.

She was 44, trans, and struggling badly with dysphoria, social isolation, anxiety, PTSD and chronic pain.

After she passed away an auto-posted suicide note was published on her blog. It's heartbreaking to read.

_toommm_

Established Member
Her name was Becca (https://twitter.com/BeccaAnnArchy). We don't know her full name.

She was 44, trans, and struggling badly with dysphoria, social isolation, anxiety, PTSD and chronic pain.

After she passed away an auto-posted suicide note was published on her blog. It's heartbreaking to read.

Incredibly saddening reading her Tweets over the last month. It is, however, incredibly humbling though that people, strangers to her, took time out of their day to tweet her and try to help her.

Mainliner

Thanks for posting this, very sad.

I was on one of the delayed Northbound trains (ironically, travelling to attend a funeral the following day).

After waiting outside Berwick for some time, we moved into Berwick station, where the doors were opened to allow people to get off and walk on the platform if they wished, or arrange alternative travel.

One replacement bus to Edinburgh was put on, which some people decided to take, but the trains started moving again minutes after the bus left.

The LNER staff on that train, and the following delayed one which I took to Aberdeen, were exemplary in helping passengers with onward arrangements. A taxi was waiting for me at Aberdeen at 0040, and I got to my destination at 0200, around 3 hours late.

Status
Not open for further replies.