• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problems using TOC apps for etickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I am presently attempting to book a Springburn - Highbury & Islington Any Permitted SVR Off Peak Return, travelling later on today and returning on Sunday.

I have tried the Avanti, LNER, GWR, TPE, and Northern apps, but the only option that is offered is "Collect at station".

I was under the impression that if booking via the apps, that there was always an option to have the ticket in electronic form, so as to avoid having to collect from the station. I would like to note that the booking office at Springburn station closes at lunchtimes for the rest of the day, therefore there is no method for me to collect from a station (unless I go into town to come all the way back again).

Could somebody explain how there is no electronic option for tickets on any of the above apps? I believed the whole idea of using apps was to reduce the requirement to visit a booking office.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wibble

That fare will permit travel on London Underground services, but LU don't accept e-tickets or barcodes (and their gates don't have any barcode readers) it's not offered to you as an option.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The flow is not enabled for e-tickets (or the awful soon-to-be-abolished m-ticket format) because it involves a cross-London transfer.

island

Veteran Member
LU does not have an economic incentive to fit barcode readers to its ticket gates, because the vast majority of its passengers use Oyster or contactless payment cards or devices. RDG will not pay for fitting them. And LU has refused to allow manual passing of these tickets on the grounds of staff capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.