• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problems with national rail site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HST274

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdeaves

Established Member
There's something odd. I kept getting site timeout issues. Also yesterday we looked up some middle of the day journeys and found random station calls en route at 0000. No doubt a blip but maybe someone is doing 'something' behind the scenes that inadvertently makes things work (or not).

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
That’s odd, I used the same link earlier and the first didn’t work, but it works now. Of course, always the possibility someone’s read this and fixed it!

The latter link is working for me.

I would put it down to NRE being a bit rubbish! The whole interface of the site is about 10+ years out of date.

SargeNpton

Established Member
There's something odd. I kept getting site timeout issues. Also yesterday we looked up some middle of the day journeys and found random station calls en route at 0000. No doubt a blip but maybe someone is doing 'something' behind the scenes that inadvertently makes things work (or not).
There should be no station calls timed at 0000, as train planning deliberately avoids midnight. All stations stops and passing times are set at 2359 or 0001.

In train schedules 0000 is used a marker to indicate the lack of a public times at that particular location in what would otherwise be a blank field.

LIPURLEY 0138 0139 013801394 T
LISNSTJN 0141 00000000 SL
LIREDHILL 0149H0155H 000000002 S
LIEARLSWD 0158 000000002
LIHORLEY 0201H0202H 02020202 T 1

In this example, Redhill is a staff stop so 00000000 pads out what would be the public arrival/departure fields. Whereas Purley and Horley on either side of Redhill, as advertised passenger stops, do have actual timings in those fields.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I was trying to check some information on Rovers & Rangers on the site yesterday with none loading up.

Incidentally, it shows the East Yorkshire Round Robin as being valid from 0845 Mon to Fri, but BR Fares suggests 0859. Anyone know which is correct?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I was trying to check some information on Rovers & Rangers on the site yesterday with none loading up.

Incidentally, it shows the East Yorkshire Round Robin as being valid from 0845 Mon to Fri, but BR Fares suggests 0859. Anyone know which is correct?

BR Fares tells you the restriction code that's associated with the ticket in the fares data. However it's not an "official" source in that role, and you're entitled to rely on what NRE says if you're not told otherwise when buying the ticket.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
BR Fares tells you the restriction code that's associated with the ticket in the fares data. However it's not an "official" source in that role, and you're entitled to rely on what NRE says if you're not told otherwise when buying the ticket.
That was my understanding, I was just interested if anyone knew the answer.

HST274

An update on the issues. I had a conversation on twitter with nre. They notified the I.T team and accessed the code I was looking for internally. Looks like it is fixed now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.