• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Profitless Charters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
It's a small wonder that tourers sometimes lose out-take April Fools-there are so many charters that somebody has to have spent more on pathing than what they get back in tickets. So far there is-
The Lincolnshire Poacher, another VSOE, The Merseyside Express, the Devonian, the Chiltern Centenary and the Blueberry Fool-those are just the London starting ones! Blimey! Don't think any will be full!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'll bet the 73-hauled one will be! I daresay that, because April 1st is a Saturday, and spring is finally here by then, tours start flooding in.

Whether they get profit or not, I don't know. There's probably plenty of money coming in from FC fares mind, especially Premier Class, just FC with food, on Pathfinder tours.

RJ

Established Member
Quite a few of them are full with one cancelled. I am torn which one to see as at least 3 of them leave London between 07:00 - 07:30. It will most likely be the one from Paddington as that has FM Rail traction plus the sleeper.

metrocammel

joea1 said:
Quite a few of them are full with one cancelled. I am torn which one to see as at least 3 of them leave London between 07:00 - 07:30. It will most likely be the one from Paddington as that has FM Rail traction plus the sleeper.

Isnt that a contradiction of your original post??? Originally you said they were pointless?-- then you said "oh, they are all full, other than one thats been caped"?!

RJ

Established Member
metrocammel said:
Originally you said they were pointless?

Never said they were pointless..... Didn't expect all of them to be full but there you go! Will definitely be at Paddington to phot the Devon tour. Hopefully the other 3 I want to see won't clash (Chiltern+VSOE+EDs-which might be BR Blue and Frag livered). What a day it's gonna be!

Galvanize

The Blueberry Fool is running, which an altered itenary:

London Cannon Street 09:35
London Bridge 09:42
Hastings 11:35 11:45
Eastbourne 12:09 12:34
Newhaven Marine 13:26 13:42
Brighton 14:06 14:14
Littlehampton 15:12 16:18
Bognor Regis 16:38 16:51
London Bridge 18:52

Established Member
73136 should definately be working, with a very high chance of 73107 as its partner. I'd also put good money on it being top and tail looking at those times-Cannon St!

jonb

Established Member
87015 said:
73136 should definately be working, with a very high chance of 73107 as its partner. I'd also put good money on it being top and tail looking at those times-Cannon St!

It HAS to be top and tailed to do some of the branches as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.