• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PROG. ALERT - Impossible Railways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envoy

Established Member
The Yesterday Channel are running a series called ‘Impossible Railways’ on Tuesdays at 8pm. This week’s episode (30 Jan 2018) will be about railways in severe terrain - such as Switzerland.
Freeview 19; Freesat 159; Sky 537; Virgin 245.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railsigns

Established Member
I watched one episode and found it puzzling that a programme with the title "Impossible Railways" featured not a single impossible railway. Maybe next week they'll do a piece about building a tunnel to the moon so the series can at least live up to its name.

Carlisle

Established Member
I watched one episode and found it puzzling that a programme with the title "Impossible Railways" featured not a single impossible railway. Maybe next week they'll do a piece about building a tunnel to the moon so the series can at least live up to its name.
Some will have appeared close to impossible for the folk involved in their design and construction almost 200 years ago with the technology then available but they still managed to build them as quickly or sometimes even more rapidly than can be done today .

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
And there was me expecting a programme on GWR electrification.:smile:

Requeststop

I saw the first two episodes out here and was wondering why Lt Col Strawbridges model railway from Fort William to Inverness wasn't included. He seems to do a lot of running about and talking but leaves all the work to the "volunteers", whist he takes the credit for it all. Pointless exercise in my view.

Shaw S Hunter

Established Member
I saw the first two episodes out here and was wondering why Lt Col Strawbridges model railway from Fort William to Inverness wasn't included. He seems to do a lot of running about and talking but leaves all the work to the "volunteers", whist he takes the credit for it all. Pointless exercise in my view.

That BLR (Biggest Little Railway) is really most bizarre. I really must watch episode 1 to find out why on earth it was done. Four episodes so far and still not finished.

Envoy

Established Member
Can you please start a new forum if you wish to discuss the Dick Strawbridge programmes.

Shaw S Hunter

Established Member
I have already watched episode 3 (various transmission times coming up this week) and it was well worth it. Subject is bridges/viaducts; inevitably includes the Forth Bridge but also covered a couple I was completely unaware of (Arthur Kill, New York/New Jersey and Mohaka, New Zealand). And although not actually featured there are also some nice shots of the Landwasser Viaduct.

Envoy

Established Member
The edition on Tuesday 20 February 2018 at 8pm on Yesterday - will feature Brunel's south Devon Coast Railway.

Status
Not open for further replies.