• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Prosecution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sa170

Just letting you know, it's been 11 weeks and i still haven't received a thing...
I will update you once i have though. My anxiety about this has come down over time, as i have learnt to accept my mistake and know that it will not happen again and deal with the consequences - just wanted to say thank you for your help :) Will let you know the outcome so that other people can see what happens too.

sa170

Sorry all, its now 29th November and been 16 weeks and still nothing... is this unusual?

NoOnesFool

Sorry all, its now 29th November and been 16 weeks and still nothing... is this unusual?
London North Western Railway have 6 months from the time that you committed the offence to commence legal action.

gray1404

Established Member
If they do not lay papers before the court within 6 months (i.e. make their application - so an actual court appearance could be after 6 months) of the alleged offence they can no longer take it further.

sa170

If they do not lay papers before the court within 6 months (i.e. make their application - so an actual court appearance could be after 6 months) of the alleged offence they can no longer take it further.
ok thank you- will let you know

cuccir

Established Member
It's probably not worth speculating too much about that, unless there's a reason to believe it might get lost.

But the answer is that LNWR would presume that the correspondence is being ignored; what they do next would be up to them.
In an absolute worse case scenario, and lost post results in someone being prosecuted in their absence, then this prosecution is easily overturned via a stautory declaration - but we're nowhere near that yet.

radamfi

Established Member
Correspondence of such importance shouldn't be by post. There should be an option to set up a secure messaging system with the TOC, like what you get with online banking.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
But it isn't sent via that method so there is no point in discussing it further on this thread. Anyone who does wish to discuss it further is welcome to do so in a new thread.

sa170

Just to say I have been at my address for over 4 years and have never had an issue with post and gave them that address - still nothing by the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.