• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PS2 Game Advice

Would you buy a traffic cops style game

• Deffinatly, especially if it's based in the UK

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No, this sort of game dosen't appeal to me

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • If it looked good, i'd consider it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (if you pick this option, could you expand on your view point below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

I've done this on another forum, but it's kinda gone quiet due to the games getting to the top, and the thread 'sinking'

What would people say if there was a game released based on the TV program 'traffic cops' where you nick the criminals after a high speed pursuit around say, london or another major city with a large motorway portion around it like Birmingham

I have already e-mailed codemasters suggesting the idea, although i still haven't had a reply yet

just wondering what you think of the idea, especialy with this been a younger persons forum

Thanking you in advance
NUTTER (mark)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewisham2221

Established Member
If it was made well, it could indeed be quite a good game. There was a game out for PS1 based on Worlds Scariest Police Chases, although it got a bit unrealistic when you started blowing people off the road with a rocket launcher and using a miniature police tank to pursue a stolen army tank!

Beaker

Established Member
As long as you could do a form of free roaming as well were you drive around the motorways/cirty looking for people breaking the law

nutter

I had worlds scariest police chases (WSPC), ended up not working with my PS2

I'm thinking (ouch) of volvo's, vauxalls, and other police vehicles, where you have to do licences to get into the main game, and then the pursuits get harder and longer, but as you progress you get thinks like helicopter support and stingers

The main problem with WSPC was the graphics (looked like you were in a desert/ had a deserty 'feel' in the city), traffic wasn't dense enough, and you were the hero, idea was brilliant but not exacuted properly, thats why i e-mailed codemasters, becaue IMO they offer the best driving games for more than one format (sony only do PS, Microsoft only do PC'S, and the 2 Xbox's) and codemasters does the overall gaming scene.

I feel there is a massive corner of the market being missed here, which needs to be filled, we're not all chavs who nick cars

nutter

and your point being, as long as they made it right, i think it ciould be one of the best games out, up with GT4 and whatever is 'cool' these days

Traffic cops is on tonight, BBC1 at 21:30

Guinness

Established Member
Coxster said:
You've been watching too much 'Traffic Cops' ;)

Sometimes I see small clips of the landmarks around me, mainly pubs has my town (Bollington) has the record for the most pub : people ratio in the UK. 20 Pubs to 3,500 people. ;)

Dave A

The True Crime series is quite good. In-fact, I bought True Crime New York TWICE, I missed it so much!

Of course theres the GTA series' as-well, not really police based, but lots of mindless violence :mrgreen: ;)

I do remember this one game though, on PS1 many years ago, which was exactly as you described, only smaller due to the limits of the PS1. I'll try and find out what it was called! :)

Simming

GTA: SA has vigilantly mode, where your the copper, in vehicels such as motorbikes, apache helicopter, tank and so on.

I'd f*cking love that, I pretend to do it on the getaway, because it has something remotely like the highway code on the roads.

nutter

DescendingSadly said:
I'd f*cking love that, I pretend to do it on the getaway, because it has something remotely like the highway code on the roads.

I wouldn't mind a version of the getaway where you have to drive around london normaly, and then go in hot pursuit of someone whos's just gone through a set of lights or summit

Another thing they could do on the getaway is brighten things up, all the greys look so depressing

xxx Thats where i sent the e-mail to if you fancy dropping a few hints

nutter

David V2 said:
The True Crime series is quite good. In-fact, I bought True Crime New York TWICE, I missed it so much!

Of course theres the GTA series' as-well, not really police based, but lots of mindless violence :mrgreen: ;)

I do remember this one game though, on PS1 many years ago, which was exactly as you described, only smaller due to the limits of the PS1. I'll try and find out what it was called! :)

It was called the worlds scariest police chases, based in a fake american city called ashtown IIRC, and as for the GTA seris, I can't stand them, I don't like games where sheer violence will win, although i do like a decent shoot-em up like the conflict seris

nutter

Just Got This as a reply off codemasters

Good Afternoon,My name is xxx and I work in the Acquisitions Department here atCodemasters. Thanks for taking the time to discuss your game idea, but unfortunately due tothe ambiguities of Intellectual Property laws we are unable to accept designideas from people who are unable to actually create the finished game.Thanks again for your interest and good luck with your Game Design ideas in thefuture.

Dave A

So they're happy to let you do all the work, then sit back and watch the money roll in!?

nutter

Yep, apprantly codemasters only do distributing these days

I don't even want money for it, just to see a good game come out which I and other people want to see

EDIT: just tried the deveolpers who made the getaway

nutter

DescendingSadly said:
I think all things considered whoever did the Getaway did a really good job. It was like being in the Bill :d

Unforunatly it was sony so IF (fingers crossed) they decide to make the game it will only be available on the Playstations (2&3)

EDIT. Had a reply from Sony giving another URL but it mentions a licence. I've heard about been sent around the houses but this is rediculous, any ideas of e-mails to people who actrully MAKE the games

Boy is this annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.