• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PTS Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

pieman790

My son recently secured an apprenticeship as a civil Engineer operative. As part of his employment he has to complete his PTS. He completed his e learning online with his company and the assessment in which he had to get 14 out of 15 to gain a pass.

He was sent on an E learning course today and had to complete this again and pass the assessment again. He managed to pass this on his 2nd attempt but said the test was really hard especially as some of the questions had more than one answer.

He has to attend on Thursday to complete his PTS Initial & DCCR. He has been told that he will be given a test on 1st thing on Thursday morning which is not open book and he must pass it with a score of 80% before he can go any further on the course.

He is concerned what to revise before the exam. I have read some other comments on the forum to say that its very basic and easy to pass but not sure if its easy for someone with experience of the Railways to pass or someone like my son who has no experience.

Any pointers or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alxndr

Established Member
I know some people who failed it, but the majority of people I know passed first time. They/we all had limited practical railway knowledge, particularly about being trackside. I can't remember exactly what was in the initial test (or even doing it for that matter!) so couldn't have been particularly taxing for me as it would have stuck in my mind had it been.

If he's worried then I believe he can have a flick through the e-learning pages again, and there are also Keypoint cards for PTS which you should be able to search up online which outline the very basics.

Download a pdf coy of the PTS and he can store it on his phone, read it and read it and he will be fine.

pieman790

Thank you for your replies,

Are there any site where you can do a mock exam or test?

Status
Not open for further replies.