• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

pts help

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

Hello there,
I'm new to this forum and I really need your help.I'm a plant operator,currently have a blue cpcs 360 tracked any size.I'm looking to change my job from building site to rail industry,but I don't have any clue how to start.Could anybody tell me what tickets do I need to get there?Is my cpcs ok or I need to get any other plant ticket?How to get PTS?Any advice would be helpfull.Thanks.:-?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Old Timer

Established Member
Hello there,
I'm new to this forum and I really need your help.I'm a plant operator,currently have a blue cpcs 360 tracked any size.I'm looking to change my job from building site to rail industry,but I don't have any clue how to start.Could anybody tell me what tickets do I need to get there?Is my cpcs ok or I need to get any other plant ticket?How to get PTS?Any advice would be helpfull.Thanks.:-?
Your CPCS certificates will be acceptable within the Railway, as providing basic machine operator competence. You will however need to undergo further training and certification as working road/rail plant is considerably more hazardous than what you will have been used to.

You will need to contact one of the many Approved R/R Plant hire companies and take it from there.

A good start is to go to the Rail Plant Association (RPA) website RPA which lists a couple of the Companies who are members of the Committee.

Best to look for a local Company but the jobs are in demand so you might have to wait for a vacancy to come up.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Status
Not open for further replies.