• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PTS Ticket mock test questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

i7demon

Hello guys, i'm new to the railway industry i took my medical and passed with flying colors and now ive got the PTS Training to do, i am a 360 excavator operator & i politely wanted to ask if anyone could help me please with the mock test questions as i have no idea what so ever what to expect? ive got so much riding on this PTs that failing it would be an absolute disaster for myself and my kids, Any help would be really appreciated!

Best Wishes :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheVicLine

I think the PTS test varies from company to company but main stuff you will need to know are track layouts, lineside signage (basic ones limited clearance etc.), power supplies and switch off and emergency procedures.

It's not hard and you will get the training before the test, read the rule book from the link in the post above to get a head start, good luck with it.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Many thanks Ian! that was of use, any idea on the questions? cheers

You also get diagrams of OLE and track to label - contact wires, droppers, 4ft, 6ft and so on. Simple stuff.

The Snap

Established Member
The PTS exam is easy if you listen in the sessions. Everything on the test is in the material that will be delivered to be you by the trainer. If you want to pass, you just need to listen and take notes. It really isn't hard if you pay attention.

Bodiddly

Don't worry too much about it, it's a lot of information to go through but most instructors are quite patient and also don't like to fail candidates. You will learn the PTS course in the classroom before sitting the final test paper and as said before, it's all covered in the course work.
Good luck!

i7demon

Guys thank you ALL so much!! i am truly greatful for all your replies and time! you have helped me so much, although "TheVicline" i'm lost with "OLE and track to label - contact wires, droppers, 4ft, 6ft" ?? loool

Once again thank you all so much!!!

alex17595

All you need will be taught on the course.

ohl001.gif

i7demon

ALEX your a legend!!!!!! you sire are on my Xmas card list!!! thank so so so much!!!

ukcinc

Remember your. Clearnces,signs, badges eg coss lookout es. Emergency phone. Types of phone. Track lay out. Dc/ac.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Read G1 module of the rule book, available on rgsonline website, pretty much all of it is covered in there. But just pay attention in class and you'll be fine, I don't know of anyone failing it.

i7demon

HSTFan Thank you very much for your time and suggestions!! really appreciate it!! :)

Saleem

Hey I7demon. Mind me asking where ya taking your course at as I'm pulling my hair out trying to book a course and finiding a sponsor.

i7demon

Hi Saleem there is various places in the country that do it, where are you based?

etaziya

Hi guys,i m looking forward to take pts card.. I have no idea about railways works..how much is cost this tps card at the moment, is any place do this course around south east..also Can i take this card without sponsor?

i7demon

""Etaziya" Hi i have my PTS in the next week what i can tell you is YES you dont need a sponsor but its expensive if you dont have one! i was extremely fortunate in that a major company paid for my DNA/Medical & PTS i think it was around £650-700 all in, you should join a facebook group called "Railway times" & ask the boys there as its a dedicated group for the boys on the tracks & if they dont know then its not worth knowing!

Good Luck with everything keep me posted mate!! BTW these boys on here have been diamonds to me! very helpfull!!

etaziya

""Etaziya" Hi i have my PTS in the next week what i can tell you is YES you dont need a sponsor but its expensive if you dont have one! i was extremely fortunate in that a major company paid for my DNA/Medical & PTS i think it was around £650-700 all in, you should join a facebook group called "Railway times" & ask the boys there as its a dedicated group for the boys on the tracks & if they dont know then its not worth knowing!

Good Luck with everything keep me posted mate!! BTW these boys on here have been diamonds to me! very helpfull!!

Tanks for help i7demon..

Status
Not open for further replies.