• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Public Misconceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
She looks like she has nothing better to do judging from the high number of "tweets" she puts out. There are loads of things better to do than Twitter.

Best not turn this into another Ivo vs Twitter thread, so I'll stop there :lol:

Flamingo

Established Member
I must admit, having recently started reading the FGW twitter in a bored moment, am I alone in wondering why the hell any TOC bothers to pay somebody to respond to this type of drivel?

(retreats to bunker, closes lid as the "Customer Service", "Gotta embrace new technology", "Empowering the consumer" "You're a dinosaur!" mantras get trotted out)

Squaddie

The condition says "replace". A train can be "replaced" by a bus. Therefore if the bus runs, the service has not been cancelled.
However, on the two occasions that FGW has replaced an advertised train service with a bus service after I purchased the tickets I was able to get full refunds.

island

Veteran Member
I must admit, having recently started reading the FGW twitter in a bored moment, am I alone in wondering why the hell any TOC bothers to pay somebody to respond to this type of drivel?

(retreats to bunker, closes lid as the "Customer Service", "Gotta embrace new technology", "Empowering the consumer" "You're a dinosaur!" mantras get trotted out)

LM does it quite well I think.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
However, on the two occasions that FGW has replaced an advertised train service with a bus service after I purchased the tickets I was able to get full refunds.

As we have previously discussed (it might not have been this thread), a refund does not set a precedent.

scotsman

Established Member
Yep, definitely the type of person one has nightmares about being stuck in a lift with! <D

Anybody on Twitter able to call her an idiot to her face?

Decided not to call her an idiot, but did tweet this:

@Angus_Duncan said:
b/c driving a car is in no way similar to driving a train. Light is there to help train be visible to staff on the line

Flamingo

Established Member
You're too nice! I bet she looks nothing like Audrey Hepburn as well!

jon0844

Veteran Member
Isnt King's Cross St. Pancras the tube station?

I wonder if it should have been called King's Cross & St Pancras station for the underground? I do think it's fair for people not to automatically understand that the tube is covering two stations overground.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member

Hey, it's nice work if you can get it.

;)

jon0844

Veteran Member
You're too nice! I bet she looks nothing like Audrey Hepburn as well!

What confuses me is why she hasn't noticed that every train is like that!

Calling her a troll is probably being too kind though, although I share her love of the news that they're making Anchorman 2. Awesome film - NO misconception! :D

bnm

Established Member

Jo Coverley does at lot more than just maintain FGWs twitter feed. At least I hope she does with a job title of Customer Relations Senior Officer....

Flamingo

Established Member
Jo Coverley does at lot more than just maintain FGWs twitter feed. At least I hope she does with a job title of Customer Relations Senior Officer....

I'm sure she does. I do wonder why she is having to do this as well, though!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Probably gets to spend the rest of the time on Facebook. ;)

Why don't we have a "like" button on the forum? :lol::lol::lol:

table38

Established Member
Why don't we have a "like" button on the forum? :lol::lol::lol:

As long as we could have a "dislike" button as well :)

like.jpg

barrykas

Established Member
Common misconception #35924: Ticket Office staff are paid commission on ticket sales. (If only!)

Common misconception #49210: Ticket Office staff deliberately try to sell you a more expensive ticket than you need for your journey so they make more money.

Robinson

Common misconception: The platform and the train are about half as long as they actually are.

Common misconception: The train coming to a stop in the platform is the cue for passengers alighting to get up, check that they have all their luggage, then amble towards the doors and expect the train to wait for them.

SS4

Established Member
Common misconception: The platform and the train are about half as long as they actually are.

Common misconception: The train coming to a stop in the platform is the cue for passengers alighting to get up, check that they have all their luggage, then amble towards the doors and expect the train to wait for them.

I don't mind this one, largely because I get an excellent seat at the front of the train :lol:

Anon Mouse

Established Member
The Conductor gets to keep the full amount of money that he/she has charged for the ticket

tsr

Established Member
I don't mind this one, largely because I get an excellent seat at the front of the train :lol:

Indeed. 99% of the time, I seem to be the only off-peak passenger who actually knows what "Coach [x] Stop", or similar, means. The few other passengers in the front coach will be there by chance.

Honestly, I have relatively frequently seen passengers walk half way down a coach, look at an internal display saying "Coach 4 of 8" and then ask if it was the "end of the train". On a 377, this is not a generally accepted way of indicating your intelligence.

Anon Mouse

Established Member
If there are no table seats in standard class I can sit in 1st class.

I don't need to buy a ticket if there is a delay.

SS4

Established Member
Any man who looks under 25 must be a drunk, fare dodging benefit scrounger

Status
Not open for further replies.