• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Public transport to Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle158

Hi, I am being airlifted from Goa to the UK in a few days. (Thanks Biggles Raab). I have had Covid in Malaysia weeks ago, so I am clean(ish)

On arrival, what sort of public transport can I expect? I need to get to Southampton. Was planning National Express or a bus to Woking or even Reading.

Suggestions and/or advice would be welcome. Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Where are you travelling from? Heathrow Airport I assume?

Almost all public transport routes are still running, but to a less frequent pattern than they used to. If you are going from Heathrow, then the Railair bus to Reading is operating hourly, as is the CrossCountry trains service direct to Southampton. You could also go via Waterloo where trains are operating hourly with extra trains at traditional peak times. Heathrow Express and TfL Rail are both operating halfhourly from airport to Paddington. The #810 National Express service from Heathrow to Southampton is operating 5 times a day.

I have moved your thread into the correct forum and also given it a bit more of a useful title, as the previous one didn't describe what you are asking.

Comstock

I might be missing something here but if you've already had Covid and are now clear why do you need airlifting home?

Or were you planning to come back anyway?

Veteran Member
I might be missing something here but if you've already had Covid and are now clear why do you need airlifting home?

Or were you planning to come back anyway?
All UK citizens advised to come home by HMG.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Hi, I am being airlifted from Goa to the UK in a few days. (Thanks Biggles Raab). I have had Covid in Malaysia weeks ago, so I am clean(ish)

On arrival, what sort of public transport can I expect? I need to get to Southampton. Was planning National Express or a bus to Woking or even Reading.

Suggestions and/or advice would be welcome. Thanks

You may still be required to spend time in quarantine, at a location specified by the government. Some people evacuated from other countries have landed at military bases, and been taken by coach to a quarantine location.

Kite159

Veteran Member
You may still be required to spend time in quarantine, at a location specified by the government. Some people evacuated from other countries have landed at military bases, and been taken by coach to a quarantine location.

In which case, I hope you find the beds in the Holiday Inn at Amesbury to your liking :lol:

(Assuming the government lands folk into Boscombe Down and transfers them to that hotel for 14 days quarantine like they did for one of the cruise liners)

Smethwickian

. The #810 National Express service from Heathrow to Southampton is operating 5 times a day.

Depends what the OP means by 'a few days' as the remaining National Express skeleton service operates for the last time until 2359 on Sunday 5 April (no late night/overnight journeys). The network is then shut until further notice and most staff furloughed.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Depends what the OP means by 'a few days' as the remaining National Express skeleton service operates for the last time until 2359 on Sunday 5 April (no late night/overnight journeys). The network is then shut until further notice and most staff furloughed.
I did post this several days before that was announced...

Status
Not open for further replies.