• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pubs or restaurants with gardens in Reading / Swindon

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

I am wondering if anyone knows of any good pubs or restaurants with decent gardens in the Reading / Caversham or Swindon areas,? I am hoping to meet up with a friend whom I have not seen for ages,
but if all is ok, it may be possible to do so, outside from 12 April. They live further west on the GWR mainline, so Swindon or Reading would be convenient for both of us. He can get a direct train there from South Wales and I can get connections via Staines / Reading.

Many thanks, take care.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jimini

Established Member
Off the top of my head, the Queens Tap opposite Swindon station has a large beer garden, and for Caversham you’ve got the Fox and Hounds on Gosbrook Road. In Reading town centre, the Purple Turtle on Gun Street has a massive garden out the back, as does the Allied Arms on St. Mary’s Butts.

Jimini

Established Member

SwindonBert

In Swindon both the pubs opposite the station (GW & Queens Tap) have outside seated areas but neither are large, so could get full quickly.

There's no town centre pub with a decent sized garden close to the station

D6130

Established Member
I seem to recall visiting a pub opposite Didcot station, which had a large-ish garden, after a visit to the GWS depot a couple of years ago. think it was called the Prince of Wales?

Status
Not open for further replies.