• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pullman liveried diesel loco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMeS

What did I see yesterday?
On the WCML Milton Keynes approx 15:55, going south coupled to a diesel in red DB-Shenker colours.
I managed a short video, but the light was in the wrong direction for best colour etc.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdeaves

Established Member
This class 67?
41490499975_2b82fde5e6_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/1747/41490499975_2b82fde5e6_b.jpg (not my pic)

Antman

Established Member
The 47s/57s in have had the Pullman wording painting over.... and look pretty ropey these days. Like WCRC would want to park them somewhere for three years..

Jamesrob637

Established Member
It's nice but has anybody seen the French 67000 diesel in red 'Capitole' livery? Far more striking in my view, probably because it's old as the hills like the service after which it is named. I'm not too sure whether Pullman livery suits a 21st Century train.

strimmer

It's nice but has anybody seen the French 67000 diesel in red 'Capitole' livery? Far more striking in my view, probably because it's old as the hills like the service after which it is named. I'm not too sure whether Pullman livery suits a 21st Century train.
I think it looked best on 73101. 2019-10-10-0003.jpg 2019-10-10-0011.jpg

Speed43125

The 67s were designed and built in the 20th century
I would say though that they represent the 21st century, being a post-privatisation dedicated loco, people associate with the 21st century, after all in their infancy they operated mainly at night. Since the end of the Mk1 post trains, they've operated more in the day and that no doubt gives them more association with the 21st century.

big all

On Moderation
Last edited by a moderator:

Far north 37

Established Member
I would say though that they represent the 21st century, being a post-privatisation dedicated loco, people associate with the 21st century, after all in their infancy they operated mainly at night. Since the end of the Mk1 post trains, they've operated more in the day and that no doubt gives them more association with the 21st century.
Not sure how operating more in the day than night gives them more of an association with one century than the other.

mpthomson

I don’t associate them with the 21st century, they’re not exactly new and their day/night usage doesn’t alter that.

Speed43125

Not sure how operating more in the day than night gives them more of an association with one century than the other.
My thinking is most people aren't going to see or remember something that runs at 2 am in the morning. Whereas something running for W&S for example is a lot more visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.