• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Puzzling easement listed on FGW website

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWTCommuter

As an occasional user of the Freedom of the South West rover ticket, I am slightly puzzled by an entry on this FGW web page listing trains on which south western rovers may be used before 9am on weekdays: http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx?id=2092

Strangely, it includes the 0850 from Hereford to Worcester Foregate Street which doesn't enter the relevant area until well after 0900 anyway. Great Malvern is the limit of the area covered by the rovers and rangers promoted by FGW and this train doesn't call there until 0919.

When I first spotted it, I hoped that the FSW rover coverage area had been extended to Hereford but I can't find any mention of this. Have I missed something somewhere or is this an easement applicable to a different set of rovers which has slipped onto the FGW site by mistake?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Would be an error yes, however I can't see you having any problems using a FOSW as far as Hereford.

tony_mac

Established Member
Why do you say that?
Neither the Nationalrail or FGW maps say that it is valid to Hereford.

Status
Not open for further replies.