• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Q6 to visit the Wensleydale Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

wra_relay

Q6 63395 will be operating services on the Wensleydale Railway over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend (23-25 May) as part of the 25th Anniversary celebrations of the Wensleydale Railway Association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dawg

I've never visited the line - only been to Hawes a few times.. How far off are they extending the line to Hawes or even Garsdale?

alexl92

Established Member
It's currently 22 miles from Northallerton to Redmire. There are another 18 miles to go to Garsdale but there are various other projects which understandably take priority at this time, including the new maintenence shed. The extension is an ongoing aim though.

alexl92

Established Member
Hey wra_relay,

The NYMR have announced that repairs on the Q6 are taking longer than planned so will miss their Spring steam gala. Will this affect its visit to Wensleydale?

alexl92

Established Member
Cheers. Also, the website entry for that weekend refers to 'steam locomotives' - does that mean Joem will be on site as well?

wra_relay

Alas, it looks as if the Q6 and Joem will not be on the Wensleydale Railway for the Association's 25th Anniversary weekend after all. More information to follow when known

alexl92

Established Member
Keep us updated!
The facebook page says another Steam Locomotive is being sought... are there any clues as to what this might be at this stage?

DRS were going to support the event but now can't resource a loco

Thanks

wra_relay

Latest posting on the web site "The two steam locomotives that were to have been present at these celebrations are now, unfortunately, not available and there will be no others to replace them. On Saturday May 23rd we will be running our standard purple timetable and on Sunday May 24th and Monday May 25th we will be running our standard yellow timetable." Still worth visiting the line simply for the ride!

37674 is out all weekend and 'something else' has been sourced but road transport issues may scupper the second loco

alexl92

Established Member
Thanks wra_relay. That's such a shame - I'm planning a trip up later in the summer cos its a gorgeous line but the added attraction of steam had made me think about coming sooner.

As it happens I've actually got something on that weekend anyway now, but it's still a great shame
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
37674 is out all weekend and 'something else' has been sourced but road transport issues may scupper the second loco

Somehow only just seen this. May I ask if it's likely to be steam or diesel?

Status
Not open for further replies.