• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Queen St. Station destinations terminus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamanoob

Hi guys, upcoming interview and I was hoping if someone can clarify my answers (understandable if not). One of the things (amongst others) is learning the terminating destination of trains leaving Queen St.. I wrote down and learned them but now i'm starting to doubt myself after looking at some maps.
Here is what I think.
Aberdeen, Alloa, Anniesland, Arbroath, Balloch, Dundee, Dunblane, Dyce. Edinburgh Waverly, Elgin. Fort William, Inverness, Mallaig. Oban, Stirling.
Just upper level lines and not lower level, so no Helensburgh etc.

As I said above, looking at maps does not tie in with what I have and unfortunately i have no days off until my interview now.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

2L70

On Moderation
Just looked you're going for a Station role, is that right?

You've got all the Upper destinations right(is Balloch classed as lower as the services come from Edinburgh?)But probably good to learn the lower routes too as you would be asked. i've just spent the weekend in Glasgow and travelled out of Queen Street most days.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Hi guys, upcoming interview and I was hoping if someone can clarify my answers (understandable if not). One of the things (amongst others) is learning the terminating destination of trains leaving Queen St.. I wrote down and learned them but now i'm starting to doubt myself after looking at some maps.
Here is what I think.
Aberdeen, Alloa, Anniesland, Arbroath, Balloch, Dundee, Dunblane, Dyce. Edinburgh Waverly, Elgin. Fort William, Inverness, Mallaig. Oban, Stirling.
Just upper level lines and not lower level, so no Helensburgh etc.

As I said above, looking at maps does not tie in with what I have and unfortunately i have no days off until my interview now.

Cheers
upper level doesnt do balloch.
Aberdeen, Alloa, Anniesland, Arbroath, Dundee, Dunblane, Edinburgh, Elgin, Fort William, Oban, Malliag, Inverness, Stirling, Perth and Cumbernauld are all the ones out of high level

Iamanoob

Cheers guys, although 2 different answers (i do appreciate all help). Take out Balloch as lower line (will add to lower section now). Take out Dyce but add Perth and Cumbernauld.

I know i'm probably wrong but i thought terminating station would be end of the line or change to another train to go further. Had a look a Cumbernauld and it looks like a straight through track.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Cumbernauld has a Crossover and Down Refuge Siding just beyond Platform 2.

Duffman76

On Moderation
Definitely add Cumbernauld to your list, and Falkirk Grahamston.
I've terminated at these.

greatkingrat

Established Member
For an interview, they are not expecting you to memorise the timetable. Obviously being able to show some general knowledge of the network is an advantage but there is no need to take it too far.

Iamanoob

For an interview, they are not expecting you to memorise the timetable. Obviously being able to show some general knowledge of the network is an advantage but there is no need to take it too far.
I was told when I went to shadow a dispatcher to memorise destination (terminus) stations as it will be asked, just covering my bases if they want them.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
falkrik grahamston terminators ceased when they were extended to Edinburgh, the short ones terminate at Cumbernauld
Inclined to disagree. Whilst daytime Mon-Sat services do indeed extend beyond Falkirk Grahamston (to Edinburgh Waverley) from about 8 p.m. in the evening, services out of Queen Street via Cumbernauld terminate at Falkirk Grahamston, unless I'm very much mistaken. Final service of the day terminates at Cumbernauld as do all Sunday services.

Duffman76

On Moderation
Had my interview and no questions were asked about destination or anything else I studied for.

So... What kind of questions did they ask?

That is the question!

Lol...... But clearly you don't have to answer that here!

Status
Not open for further replies.