• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Query Berlin-Warsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightower

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if this isn't in the correct category.

Ok so I plan to travel next week (25/08/16) from Berlin-Warsaw using an FIP free coupon. As I have left it last minute I don't have time to go through a booking agent such as International Rail or Rail Canterbury etc...

When I go onto www.bahn.de I can see the service listed and can book a ticket etc but I just want to book a seat reservation not pay for a ticket but it says that this is impossible? I have also tried booking it on the Polish website www.intercity.pl/en & http://rozklad-pkp.pl/en but no luck either.

I'll be in Berlin come Monday evening so maybe I'll try Berlin Hbf station but thought maybe someone here may be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
You should have no problem getting a reservation at Berlin Hbf providing of course your chosen train isn't fully booked. I got a reservation there last week for a train from Bratislava to Warsaw.

Just in case they don't speak English (unusual but it does occasionally happen) print out your chosen train from the DB website to show them. Unless of course your German is more fluent than mine.

Enjoy the trip :)

Established Member
as far as I am aware, all staff in large city DB reisezentrum speak better english than you or I ;)

Not all, based on my experience last week. Fortunately my fluent (not) German got me by as the transaction wasn't too complicated. It is rare though.

European travel is so much easier these days for us mono-linguists. The use of English in many Eastern European countries in particular has been very welcome. You should have little difficulty on this trip in the larger cities in Poland for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.