• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Query] Class 37 Tour Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I've seen the times but the ECS isn't available yet :) Just wondering, as it's coincidentally running before Bank Holiday Monday again, though from the WCML, would anybody reckon that it would return in a similar path (from Willesen) or would it just go straight back to OOC?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Which tour is this? I know there are double-headed 37s due to leave Rugby on Saturday for Whitby (something I wish I were on!), but that's the only ones I know of.

Sam

Does anybody know the candidates for the 37s? I can't wait for this tour as it stops at my home town of Belper:D :D :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Wish I knew. I do believe it's Kingfisher running it, so they should have details on their site. Leaves Rugby somewhere between 0500 and 0600 from memory.

Established Member
The return tour can only get to Cov as the WCML is blockaded. No gen but i'd guess the stock will either remain in the West Midlands (maybe Bescot or even or yard), or return via Banbury if that line is open all night.

Edit: Timings on the EMRPS gen page for Sun 30/4
5Z46 1142 Coventry Yard-Old Oak (via Oxford)
also a 5Z74 1720 Bescot-Old Oak (via Weedon)

The tour is running as 1Z47-could that be indicative of the power?!

Sprog

Established Member
UK-RAIL gen said:
Rumoured to be 37419 and 37425, but I believe its more likely to be a
pair of Duffs. :(

Full timings for the outward run:

Code:
Removed due to Joea1s rudeness..............problem? See me via PM

Ta TM ;)

RJ

Established Member
How is it more likely? The tour promoters are advertising it as 2 37s.....

theblackwatch

Established Member
Sprog said:
Rumoured to be 37419 and 37425, but I believe its more likely to be a
pair of Duffs. :(

I very much doubt it will be duffs - it is an EWS operated train.

Sprog

Established Member
people: "Thank you for providing the timings Sprog"

me: "Ahh, no problem fellow enthusiasts, its the least i could do......."

Maybe i shouldve quoted the first line of my original post, as it was not my information.

To be quite frank, i couldnt give a toss about the RT as 1) its nowhere near me, and 2) its just the same old boring tractors.

I ALMOST removed the timings, but ill keep them up...for now..:mad:

Edited (by doublepost prevention system):

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, silence is golden! ;)

RJ

Established Member
How was I supposed to know it was from UkRail? I saw your post before you added the quote box. It's up to you whether you remove the times, they have been posted elsewhere.

Sprog

Established Member
joea1 said:
How was I supposed to know it was from UkRail? I saw your post before you added the quote box. It's up to you whether you remove the times, they have been posted elsewhere.

So your not apologising for slating me then...........?

Times elsewhere eh? Fine...............<snip>

Oh, and as for the traction rumour. CR 47s 818 and 714 have gone from Brush to Oxley after dropping off 3 '43s'. They are there for RAILTOUR duties on the weekend.

So let me see..thats 2 Duffs. One ECS move and they could be in Rugby in an hour. And does anyone know what the operational status of the 2 Tractors are ;)......!?

Also, whos providing the coaching stock and whos the tour operator?

RJ

Established Member
Sprog said:
So your not apologising for slating me then...........?

Times elsewhere eh? Fine...............<snip>

Oh, and as for the traction rumour. CR 47s 818 and 714 have gone from Brush to Oxley after dropping off 3 '43s'. They are there for RAILTOUR duties on the weekend.

So let me see..thats 2 Duffs. One ECS move and they could be in Rugby in an hour. And does anyone know what the operational status of the 2 Tractors are ......!?

Also, whos providing the coaching stock and whos the tour operator?

Did I slate anybody? If it wasn't your belief that it was two 47s, then why are you taking offence? And when exactly was I being rude???

Remove the times, doesn't affect me, already seen them + it's 5 in the morning. In fact, if anyone else wants the times, I'll dig them up.

47714/47818 already booked for "The Heart Of Wales Explorer Railtour". And, er, seeing as the stock is probably stabled at Old Oak from the last KFR/EWS tour, what are the passengers going to travel in? The engine rooms?

Taken from Kingfisher's site

Saturday 29th April 2006 ‘The Whitby Jet’
Two Class 37s all the way to Whitby! - From Rugby (06.30), Coventry, Birmingham Int, Lichfield City, Burton on Trent, Derby, Belper & Chesterfield with a stop at Grosmont for NYMR or 3 hours in Whitby.
Join us on this latest tour with two EWS Class 37s. The journey to Whitby will take us through the heart of the Midlands and North of England and along the East Coast Main Line to Northallerton where we diverge to Middlesbrough and then take the beautiful line through Battersby and Glaisdale to Grosmont and Whitby.

Read what you like from that..... There are going to be some upset enthusiasts if it changes from 2 EWS 37s to 2 Cotswold 47s.

Anyways, the ECS timings have now been posted, ta Marc Ely. 11:42 Coventry-Old Oak. It is going via Banbury, and West Drayton-Drayton Manor route to Old Oak.

jonb

Established Member
Oh FFS who cares! I agree with Sprog boring old pair over and over again! GET OVER IT!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
jonb said:
Oh FFS who cares! I agree with Sprog boring old pair over and over again! GET OVER IT!

Thanks Jon, I've been trying to say that for a while now as well as Sproggy dear! :roll:

RJ

Established Member
Yep I'll drop this now, after all, it's a bit silly arguing over it. I know what's right, that's what matters :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
For crying out loud, I thought I had some pointless and unfounded arguments back on UKTS a couple of years ago! This has been stupid! 37419 and 425, I'd be more peeved if I had those again than if 2 47s turned up instead! 425 I've had sooooooo many miles behind it beats even 43002 for the most miles I've had behind any single locomotive! F**king sick to DEATH of that bloody 37!

As for 714 and 818 being on the Heart of Wales tour, thanks for the gen lads, I'd have gone to see it if I'd been alerted last night! Still, never mind, I needed the sleep. 818 will no doubt be back again in the area. Can't be bothered to go see it at Leominster either, it'll be there far too late to get home.

Sprog

Established Member
Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs, Duffs.........:thefinge:

Ive seen too many duffers this week!

I want some tractors :sad:

Especially the no-heat EWS 'uns! Hopefully theyll have a change of heart!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Can't get enough of that wonderful Brush!

I have seen enough of 37s for a while. When I see some more I need or get one I need haulage one, then I'll be in a different mood on 37s. For now, when it is the same ****ing bloody ones, it gets boring!

richa2002

Established Member
You all say you wish that xxx number of 37s would come back but like you have said; it does get boring. Railways enthusiats will never be pleased!

RJ

Established Member
WSXFan said:
For crying out loud, I thought I had some pointless and unfounded arguments back on UKTS a couple of years ago! This has been stupid!

Yep I agree. Dead and buried as far as I'm concerned, I will be looking forward to seeing the 37s from the Whitby Jet tomorrow :)
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
Richard Armstrong said:
You all say you wish that xxx number of 37s would come back but like you have said; it does get boring. Railways enthusiats will never be pleased!

One less if 37419 goes into store on Tuesday ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Wasn't it due to run today?

Richard Armstrong, you are right in some sense there. They can say what they want, even the die-hard followers of X traction get sick of it within a period of Y after Z seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years/decades of following it. Especially if the traction is in constant mainline use. Variety is not just the spice of life, it's the spice of spotting/number crunching/bashing/line bashers/whatever you call it.

Example: I get bored of HSTs if I do them too much in one day. Once I did 8 HSTs in a day. Got bored. Having units and/or types of traction mixed in makes it a little more interesting.

I must say, I pity those who follow one type of traction and nothing else, it must get hugely boring. I, like most others, bash anything and everything (locos or units). Which is great, because otherwise it would be boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.