• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question About Boundary Zone Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambowie

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've had a look and can't find the answer.

Is there anywhere online that I can determine the cost of tickets from Boundary Zones in advance of buying tickets at ticket offices?

I have a Z12345 annual Gold Card, so regularly purchase tickets from BZ 5 outwards. But it's irritating that I can never buy these tickets online as, with the exception of longer distance advance fares, I can get better value at ticket offices. And even then, I don't know what the fare will be in advance.

Of course I also get a Network Gold Card discount in the south east...

I note that there used to be a PDF of prices available at http://www.atoctravelagents.org in the past, but that link seems to be dead and the site requires me to be... well... a travel agent to register.

Any thoughts welcome.

Adam

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hi, and welcome to the forums

To get the prices from the boundary zones (or any other fares), simply download Avantix Traveller: http://theticketcollector.wordpress.com/2009/01/04/3/ and put 0044 (or your origin which can be in text) in the Origin field. This will then return all the available fares for your journey.

adambowie

Many thanks for that. What a really useful tool.

I guess that I still need to buy these tickets at an office (or via the phone) rather than online anywhere though? All the online ticketing sites are essentially the same aren't they (with the exception of booking fees), and don't allow BZ fares. Is that correct?

dan_atki

Established Member
Many thanks for that. What a really useful tool.

I guess that I still need to buy these tickets at an office (or via the phone) rather than online anywhere though? All the online ticketing sites are essentially the same aren't they (with the exception of booking fees), and don't allow BZ fares. Is that correct?

Indeed, I guess the reason such tickets aren't offered by online booking sites is the fact they try to provide timetable data too. Obviously 'Boundary zone x' isn't a station and so the system can't find any trains and as such will not offer any fares.

Status
Not open for further replies.