• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question about complimentary free drinks etc on Virgin First Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuk

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity is there any specific time or part of journey that first class passengers on Virgin benefit from at seat service?

I travelled with Virgin first class between Coventry and Birmingham New Street and then onwards to Wolverhampton but wasn't offered a drink or anything.

I'm not complaining as I was the only passenger in the coach and it was a short journey. Also on the COV to BHM train there were a lot of staff around cleaning up etc - I think there were getting ready for the return run.

Do you have to ask for a drink etc or go to the shop to pick up complementaries?

Just curious how things work for future reference.

Many thanks,

Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I travelled with Virgin first class between Coventry and Birmingham New Street and then onwards to Wolverhampton but wasn't offered a drink or anything.

I have done this Journey many times and its only when you go BHM-COV do you get your drink and they usually serve it after you leave Bimingham International, whenever ive gone home they start clearing up after COV and no drinks get served

hope this helps

Pumbaa

Established Member
You must have been unlucky - I make the journey Watford > Wolves once a month and return, and I've always been served drink leaving Coventry heading for Birmingham. I'm sure if you asked they would oblige.

chappers90

Hi. I managed to get a first class ticket on Virgin for quite cheap but as I have not travelled first class before I don't know what this covers. Do I receive free food & drinks or do I still have to pay for everything? I will be travelling at about half 8 at night.

mathmo

You probably won't get a cooked dinner travelling that late. You will probably get a sandwich and some fruit (and possibly a muffin too), and some drinks, all free, but it depends on where you're travelling. Post where and times and someone on here will probably have been on that train!

chappers90

You probably won't get a cooked dinner travelling that late. You will probably get a sandwich and some fruit (and possibly a muffin too), and some drinks, all free, but it depends on where you're travelling. Post where and times and someone on here will probably have been on that train!

I'm travelling from Lancaster at 2038 and arrives at Milton Keynes at 2227.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
I'm under the impression you're entitled to however much drink you want (and quite rightly, looking at the prices)
Surely if you ask them, you're perfectly within reason

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have merged two similar threads about Virgin first class together here.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
I'm travelling from Lancaster at 2038 and arrives at Milton Keynes at 2227.

No problem..

The at-seat service on Pendolino's is offered all day, with your service offering the day time light bites menu which consists of:

Very good sandwiches, pretzles and iced gourmet muffins, all served along side hot and cold drinks, including alcohol.

The sandwich selection consists of one meat/fish sandwich option, and a second vegetarian sandwich option. ;)

EltonRoad

Virgin's own timetables show which trains serve breakfast and which serve an evening meal, including from which stations the meals are available. The 2038 from Lancaster is not shown as serving a meal, so you should get food and drinks off the trolley.

Status
Not open for further replies.