• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Question] FGW MTU Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Hi, i understand there will be a move from Landore to Brush works in Loughborough on the 18th for MTU fitting. Does anybody know which route they will take and timings please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
:cry: They are ripping the Paxmans outs :(

No more HST scream. Do you know which engines are being refitted?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Most likely the ex-VXC ones currently based at LE...

If they have gone, they'll be gone by now then. I suspect the route would involve down to Swindon, Didcot West Curve, through Bicester, up to Bletchley, via Ridgemont to Bedford and up to Brush from there. That would be a pure guess mind.

More HSTs in service, with MTUs...BRING IT!

Nick

FGWFan said:
Most likely the ex-VXC ones currently based at LE...

If they have gone, they'll be gone by now then. I suspect the route would involve down to Swindon, Didcot West Curve, through Bicester, up to Bletchley, via Ridgemont to Bedford and up to Brush from there. That would be a pure guess mind.

More HSTs in service, with MTUs...BRING IT!

Interesting you like HST's with MTU's but don't like Turbostars with them. HST's are a train that moves you from A to B with an opening window, if Turbostars had them you'd like them.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think there are many more things which people prefer about the HST Nick. And please, no more flame wars over HSTs :roll:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Nick's got it in for me I think...

I don't like Turbostars for various reasons, not just because they have no windows or MTUs.

For the record, the MTU16V4000s have been a great thing to happen down this way. Clag and noise, as well as performance has been improved, which is some of the things passengers are most concerned with. If they put MK4-style doors on the MK3s, I think they'd generally be very happy.

Nick

FGWFan said:
Nick's got it in for me I think...

I don't like Turbostars for various reasons, not just because they have no windows or MTUs.

For the record, the MTU16V4000s have been a great thing to happen down this way. Clag and noise, as well as performance has been improved, which is some of the things passengers are most concerned with. If they put MK4-style doors on the MK3s, I think they'd generally be very happy.

No, Nick just thinks HST's aren't the best thing ever.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
That's your opinion. To come on here declaring that I like HSTs with MTUs and not Turbostars (I didn't realise that was the case, thought Turbostars used some Euro 3 engines), that's what I disagree with.

Besides, I like the HSTs, MTU or Valenta engined. That's my choice and opinion, one that a lot of people agree with. I don't like Turbostars because they're so just...how do I describe it...UGH! That's how. They've got a feeling I don't like about them. I can't describe why I don't like Turbostars, there's just an unidentified thing I can't stand about them. I'm always on edge on a Turbostar, always uneasy, can't relax, get a nasty feeling down my back...

That satisfy you as to why I don't like Turbostars?

Sprog

Established Member
STOP. NOW. :x <(

Going back to topic:

Im very interesed in any timings for this move. Apaprently its FLHH's ex-fGW green 47830 (which is currently at Kingsland Raod in Bristol).

I work about 5minutes from Bristol Parkway station and if its the afternoon i urgently need timings so i can bike-it up to parkway on my break and get pics/vids etc. if its in the morning, thats not so hard, but i need 2 know its time 'thru' so i can get the right train off of Yate to Parkway.

Id be eternally gratefull if anyone could provide times.

This is my Mobile number, which i will leave on the forum untill tomorrow. After this i will remove it, just in case ;)

***NUMBER REMOVED***

If someone knows the time its due through Bristol PW, please can you text me.

Thank you kindly chaps! :D :D

oh, and i saw 43030 today at Parkway 8) :D :D

She sounded splendid as she screamed away towrds London with 43018.

EDIT: Mobile Number removed as promised :idea: . Ta for the text! :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
She always sounds good in your ear when you hear the beast storming off.

Sorry I don't know times, but as the 18th was TODAY, I doubt you'll see it. The last moves were during the day, in the morning, when I saw the MML ones go back (that seems like a LONG time ago!). That was 10xx at Cardiff, way back when.

Jim

Established Member
Here are some times for the power car move later on today which is
being hauled by 47830. It fringes on SWRG territory so may be of
interest to some.

5Z51 08:07 Landore TMD - Brush Lougborough Works
Neath 08:19
Bridgend 08:40
Cardiff 09:04
Newport 09:19
Severn Tunnel Junction 09:29
Lydney 09:44
Gloucester 10:03
Cheltenham Spa 10:16
Abbotswood Junction 10:32
Barnt Green 10:47
Bordesley Junction 11:05
Landor Street Junction 11:12/14
Water Orton 11:21
Tamworth HL 11:42
Burton-on-Trent 11:56
Clay Mills South Junction 12:05/30
Stenson Junction 12:40
Ratcliffe Junction 13:06
Loughborough 13:16/21
Brush Loughborough arrive 13:31

ta SPT

Sprog

Established Member
Thanks chaps :) . Opps, b******s, didnt notice it was the '18th'. :oops:

Oh well, im off to see if i can catch '830' at Severn Tunnel Junction this morning. Hope i can get out there. :| :shock:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Pity, I could have done with getting phots of this move. A 47 in Newport, or for that matter South Wales as a whole, isn't exactly common, photting it would have been good.

Seems it's going a very different way to the one I predicted. Probably a much better route too. Hope someone caught it.

Status
Not open for further replies.