• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

(question) FGWL - Cheltenham Spa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hi all,

Just wondering, do FGWL still go to Cheltenham Spa?

I know early this year i was at Swindon waiting for my 2211 to get home to Melksham, sitting in the waiting room kind of a sleep and the announcement came on 'Platform 3 for the .... Frist Great Western Link service to Cheltenham spa..calling at Kemble, stroud, stonehouse, Gloucester and Cheltenham spa'

Thought i heard it wrong till he said First Great Western Link again when the train was pulling in, and was a HST as well.

Do they still run up to Cheltenham spa?

Cheers,
James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
Im sure its only fGW that go 2 Cheltenham Spa. Might have just been a cock-up with the auto announcer. Unlees, of course, they have changed the oporator name to fGWL for the cheltenham runs, as i havent been on the Kemble line for a few months. Though, there really isnt much differance, as its all under First's wing anyway..

steve158

i was on last friday(0945 Gloucester-swindon) and it's a FGW Service.

the FGWL line is the hereford-malvern-worcester-oxford-london service.

Status
Not open for further replies.