• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question for Gareth Hale

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Can this young man tell us what all the colored gobbledgook and rubbish is on his posts please? It looks like someone has found a code book and gone mad with it. Is it really necessary to have it there at all?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

H

HR2

Gareth Hale said:
How do you mean? I don't post any coloured stuff now (except for signature)

No Gareth. I mean all that stuff about bio custom wotnot. Whats it all for?

Gareth Hale

Oh thats my signature, those are my computers specs. I have three computers but had to limit it down to 3 lines if I wanted the image in, ill make it more neater.

H

HR2

Gareth Hale said:
Oh thats my signature, those are my computers specs. I have three computers but had to limit it down to 3 lines if I wanted the image in, ill make it more neater.

Ah! I see now. I thought it was some sort of hidden message.:p

Errrmmm........question. What do want THREE computers for? Or is that a secret?

Simming

Hes got 3 computers with big Specs cos hes trying to make up for something else. Its like people who drive big expencive cars.

theblackwatch

Established Member
I have 3 too, one of them is an old 'heritage' 286 which is probably about as old as some of you on here - it dates back to 1992 (can anyone beat that for age?)! It still works, and has only crashed once in all that time. I still use it every 2 months to produce a set of 1000 labels from a database which is on it.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Currently I have 3, My old faithful duron pc, my laptop, the family pc.
Did have a 1993 486DX Pc with 8mb of ram running windoze 95 once, that was a lovely old pc!

Gareth Hale

O.k, I kinda like my new name..
[EDIT]
Do I sign in with Milford Cubicle or Gareth Hale?

O.k, I know now, I sign in with Milford Cubicle.

Simming

We've, In The Household atm got 3 Laptops, Mine and mums inspirons, and my sisters latitude...but i aint goin into detail of the specs....

....cos lets face it, are we actually intrested in what other peoples computers are, and there specs, unless its for something like BVE, most of the time its just showing off

Gareth Hale

We have 8 computers in total in the house

My HP, My Biostar, My eMachines, My Dads HP, My Dads laptop, my brother has 2 laptops and my other brother has 1 laptop.

Gareth Hale

There not a waste, we just need them for differant tasks, my eMachines T3065 is nothing more than a TV which records TV.

Guinness

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Why, what a waste :roll:

It's not really a waste. In America you can get anything next to nothing unlike the UK.

We can get TVs for about £30 due to my mum having a staff discount and we have something like 5 TVs in our house which are all in frequent use.

Besides nothings a waste if it's used.

Sprog

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
We have 8 computers in total in the house

My HP, My Biostar, My eMachines, My Dads HP, My Dads laptop, my brother has 2 laptops and my other brother has 1 laptop.

SHUT UP about your computers dammit

Just tell people about them if you're asked...dont chuck it in peoples faces...its dam annoying.

If you want a 'my dick is bigger than yours' debate regarding PCs, Pi$$ off to a computer forum.

Gawwd almighty..............:roll:

Tom B

Established Member
Wooh. I have 10 computers in various states around the house - does anyone really care? No. Hence I don't post it at every opportunity.

The Gricer

Cockfosters said:
Wooh. I have 10 computers in various states around the house - does anyone really care? No. Hence I don't post it at every opportunity.

Um.....you've posted it twice already in this thread!:) ;)

Just as a point of interest at work we still have a couple of working IBM XTs.
The fantastic spec includes an Intel 4.7Mhz 8088 processor, 640kb of ram/rom and a 10Mb hard drive (or Winchester as we used to call hard drives in those days). The floppy drive was a 5.25 inch 360 kB. (Gb were of course unheard of in personal computers.) On top was a monochrome (green) monitor. The keyboard weighs more than some laptops do.

The memory (note that it's Kb not Mb) was the expensive option. I seem to remember the basic model had 128kB. And we used to think it was amazing that the hard drive could contain as much data as nearly thirty 360k floppies!

Where will we be in another 20 years? (I wonder if I'll still be around to find out and not :angel11: or <( )

Frank

H

HR2

Cockfosters said:

That's nothing lad. We have 3 TV's, 4 DVD recorders, two hifi sets, satellite TV, a new boiler, a pussy cat and a p*sshole out the back......but I ain't boastin'

Tom B

Established Member
The Gricer said:
Um.....you've posted it twice already in this thread!:) ;)

Indeed, but I don't put it in my sig ;). Just mentioned it to show GH it's not oh-so-wonderful...

(BTW for any confusion I have 5 machines of my own and the other 5 are other people's).

Status
Not open for further replies.