question my MP

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by davo882000, 26 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davo882000

davo882000 Member

Hi guys

Just a random thought and question. Im in the mood of writing to my MP. Anyone got any ideas what to write about (I live in NE btw) or even a petition or template that you would like me to highlight to my MP

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. 142094

142094 Established Member

Reopening of the Leamside Line or Ashington, Blyth and Tyne line to passenger services.

4. ralphchadkirk

ralphchadkirk Established Member

It's a bit odd to want to write to an MP so you have to find a subject. Most people find a subject, and then decide that they should write to their MP about it..

5. jcollins

jcollins Veteran Member

1. Pacer replacement.

2. Delays in getting longer trains on North TPE and on Northern services caused by delays in getting a 319 cascade to the North West caused by delays in the new Thameslink order. Reminding the government that extra capacity for Northern and TPE was originally due next year in the form of new carriages.

3. Teeside Airport station.

6. Eagle

Eagle Established Member

The Blyth line wouldn't be much use in a letter to the OP's MP, it's not in their constituency¬óthe OP is from Sunderland, I believe.

7. 142094

142094 Established Member

Said in the post that he is from the NE (can't find Sunderland anywhere). Still - perhaps one day he might want to go to Blyth all the way from Sunderland on a train?

8. Eagle

Eagle Established Member

I checked his previous posts for clues.
    No wait, that sounds creepy. I assure you, it's not.

9. davo882000

davo882000 Member

I can confirm i do live in Sunderland

10. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Veteran Member

You could ask him why Sunderland is such a dump. ;)

*ducks*

Last edited: 28 Oct 2011
  11. Legzr1

Legzr1 Member

Maybe ask him/her why this question is in the "Railway Jobs & Careers" section...

;)

12. Harlesden

Harlesden Member

MP's are only interested in local issues and we have no idea where you are without possibly checking out your profile.
    MP's are very busy people and would not have time for random correspondence from someone who simply felt in the mood to write

13. ainsworth74

ainsworth74 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That clears that up I hope...

As others have said normally you find an issue you care about first and then write to your MP about it not the other way round. Certainly that's always been the case when I've written to my MP. But I suppose you could ask something about links between Sunderland/Newcastle and Middlesbrough as the direct service is pretty poor.

14. Oswyntail

Oswyntail Established Member

Not true. You can write to your MP about anything - eg, the state of the economy - and, if they believe you are worth supporting, will take it further. Of course, a local slant tends to get noticed, but, if you want an answer on a national issue from the relevant minister, going through your MP is the only way.
    As most of their post will come from just such people, I think this is untrue as well. This is a major part of their job, and it would be a mistake to think one's MP is "too busy to be bothered with me". And they get a great deal of amusement from "green ink ramblings".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.