• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question regarding LNER's new seat reservation system and if it can cope with multiple reservations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ediswan

Established Member
Today I met the new LNER seat reservation/occupancy system. It appears to work. I had a reservation outward. There were per-carriage occupancy levels on the platform display for my return journey, so I moved down the platform, plenty of seats to choose from.

My question: Is the system smart enough to allow the same seat to be reserved more than once on the same train? E.g. from London to Grantham, then from Doncaster to Leeds.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
And the platform display has been in place for several years now.

Ediswan

Established Member
And the platform display has been in place for several years now.

LNER claim that the seat occupancy detectors are new. These might be providing more accurate information for those displays. I do not know whether that link actually exists.

Haywain

Veteran Member
LNER claim that the seat occupancy detectors are new. These might be providing more accurate information for those displays. I do not know whether that link actually exists.
It doesn’t. The seat sensors are linked to indicators on the train with a view to making it easier to find unoccupied seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.