• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question regarding travel on trans pennine express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan1163

Hi,
I am heading on holiday to Newcastle soon and I have a question regarding trans pennine express trains and routing. I intend on getting a train from Newcastle to Edinburgh on tpe from Liverpool lime street to Edinburgh. I was looking on real time trains and it was displaying the train as a pathed class 80x. To my knowledge and research this is a variant of the class 800’s (excuse me if I’m wrong and please correct me if I am). My question, is it guaranteed providing there are no delays or disruptions this is what type of train it will be? To my knowledge they are fairly new trains and I would love to get on one. Any comments welcome.

thanks, Jordan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Transpennine have 802/2 trains on this route. Unfortunately it's not guaranteed at all whether it will be an 802 or not - if not, it will be a 185; nor will it be guaranteed whether it will even run or not. The 802/2 trains TPE have are 5 coaches, and do look fantastic in their livery!

If it gets cancelled, of course you're entitled to get the next train, and claim delay repay if you're more than half an hour late.

Side note: I note you're 15 from your profile. Once you turn 16, TransPennine do a 'railcard' discount of 50% on advances for 16 to 18 year olds, and once you get a 16-25 railcard, enter the code TPESTUDENT at checkout, to bump the 33% up to 50%.

Jordan1163

Hello,
Thanks for the swift response on that I will certainly take advantage of that railcard offer and that has answered my question perfectly.
Thanks, Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.