• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Questions about the "Bus & Tram Pass" ticket and purchasing it from National Rail ticket offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

information

Can anyone answer these questions please.

• Can "Bus & Tram Passes" still currently be purchased from National Rail ticket offices?

• If so is it only the one day version or can you buy the weekly and monthly versions as well?

• What do they have to type in or select to issue it (in case the person doesn't know)?

• Can they sell you a ticket for a date in the future (for example a one day version starting in a couple of days)?

• Finally can the disposable green oyster card version from newsagents be bought for a date in the future (for example a one day version starting in a couple of days)?

Many thanks for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
To the best of my knowledge:
Yes
1 day only
Don’t know
Yes
The newsagent disposable ones can be bought whenever you like, the validity is not set on purchase, it just starts the first time you use it.

route:oxford

Established Member
• Can "Bus & Tram Passes" still currently be purchased from National Rail ticket offices?

Yes, just ask them to book a ticket to Edinburgh Airport and it can be used to connect at Haymarket, Edinburgh Gateway or Edinburgh Park to the link tram or bus link to the airport. You get a slight discount for the combined booking.

Technically, you can also buy it from vending machines, but availability is variable. Last time I tried, at Bridge of Allan, Edinburgh Airport was there but selecting it resulted in "no valid tickets available".

I've been refused it on the train many times, being told to buy the combined ticket from the gateline staff on arrival at EDP. There are often no Gateline staff on duty...

sheff1

Established Member
I assume you are talking about London. Bus & Tram passes for South Yorkshire, for example, cannot be bought at National Rail ticket offices.

island

Veteran Member
Yes, just ask them to book a ticket to Edinburgh Airport and it can be used to connect at Haymarket, Edinburgh Gateway or Edinburgh Park to the link tram or bus link to the airport. You get a slight discount for the combined booking.

Technically, you can also buy it from vending machines, but availability is variable. Last time I tried, at Bridge of Allan, Edinburgh Airport was there but selecting it resulted in "no valid tickets available".

I've been refused it on the train many times, being told to buy the combined ticket from the gateline staff on arrival at EDP. There are often no Gateline staff on duty...
Given that the last point refers to a “green Oyster version of the pass...
I assume you are talking about London. Bus & Tram passes for South Yorkshire, for example, cannot be bought at National Rail ticket offices.
I think it is safe to assume that the OP is indeed referring to London.

RJ

Established Member
I sell them regularly from a National Rail ticket office - only requires the destination LONDON BUS&TRAM to be typed in (NLC H811).

route:oxford

Established Member
Given that the last point refers to a “green Oyster version of the pass...

I think it is safe to assume that the OP is indeed referring to London.

When he arrives in London. After flying in from Edinburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.