• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Questions regarding visit to Lisbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

signol

The Porto tram museum is pretty good, lots of old trams in a big shed, but absolutely no mention of the modern trams (metro).

signol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnnychips

Established Member
I use CP.pt regularly to book tickets on the Alfa between Lisbon and Tunes (for the Algarve). Booking in advance can get First Class for €17,50 each way. And they will SMS your ticket to your U.K. mobile number. No need for paper! Very simple to use. I’d recommend this for your day trip to Porto.

Just to double-check. I have bought a ticket to Porto and a thing that even looks like a ticket has appeared on my CP app. So no need to print it out, just make sure the phone is charged, and take my passport?

Jetlagged

Just to double-check. I have bought a ticket to Porto and a thing that even looks like a ticket has appeared on my CP app. So no need to print it out, just make sure the phone is charged?

Not even a need for that! When the conductor comes to your seat you simply give him your name. Of course that only works if you are sitting in the correct seat! Just be aware that the seat numbering is not sequential. Seat numbers are clearly marked overhead but 32 might be next to 38 or 97 next to 99. I've never been able to work out the system other than low numbers at one end of the carriage and higher numbers the other. The carriage numbers are sequential and clearly marked on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.