• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Quick query, Birmingham New Street to Hereford

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
I know one of the afternoon trains is always a 2-coacher and rammed, but can't remember whether it's the 1450 or the 1550 (or even the 1350). Please can anyone help me out before I book one for tomorrow?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainophile

Established Member
Okay no need to reply. I'm taking a chance on the 13:50. Problem is I only get half an hour to connect onto it, which in most cases would be more than ample, but those BHM-HFD trains are often full by 20-30 minutes before departure time. It's about time they did something about the overcrowding, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

sd0733

Established Member
The 1450 is a booked 150 so almost always 2 car, 1550 is a 170+153. Unsure on the 1350 if im honest.
Once the Rugeleys start as electrics more 170s should be freed up for Shrewsbury and Worcesters

VT 390

Established Member
I think the 2 coach service is the 15:50 as the 09:39 from Hereford earlier in the day forms this service and is always an overcrowded 2 carriage 170.

trainophile

Established Member
Thanks both. My gamble on the 1330 paid off - three coaches (I think, might have been four), despite which it was still pretty full but nowhere near rammed, although some people may have had to sit next to a stranger! Due partly to being a Saturday I suppose. That 1450 is definitely one to avoid.

I now need to investigate for future reference how to book an extended connection - would rather wait around for an hour and be first on board, although there were others yesterday boarding as soon as the inbound service emptied. I think trainsplit may be able to oblige with that...

Last edited:

_toommm_

Established Member
I now need to investigate for future reference how to book an extended connection - would rather wait around for an hour and be first on board, although there were others yesterday boarding as soon as the inbound service emptied. I think trainsplit may be able to oblige with that...

FastJP will allow you to do that. Underneath the stations, select 'Go Via', and enter your interchange station. You can them add more time above the minimum connection time already provided for that station.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks both. My gamble on the 1330 paid off - three coaches (I think, might have been four), despite which it was still pretty full but nowhere near rammed, although some people may have had to sit next to a stranger! Due partly to being a Saturday I suppose. That 1440 is definitely one to avoid.

FastJP will allow you to do that. Underneath the stations, select 'Go Via', and enter your interchange station. You can them add more time above the minimum connection time already provided for that station.
Just to clarify, Trainsplit is a booking site which uses the FastJP journey planner.

And yes it will allow that.

Status
Not open for further replies.