• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Quick question about hartford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

callum112233

Hi all.
I'm just wondering if Hartford (Cheshire) is a good place to get some photos as opposed to Acton Bridge because for me Hartford would be easier to get to.

Thanks in advance.
Callum.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
Anything that goes through Acton Bridge also goes through Hartford. Although I'm not sure you have good visibility of trains from a safe position on the platforms, excluding the 350s that stop there.

Remember that Hartford is a staffed station, unlike Acton Bridge, so you should check with the staff before taking photos.

callum112233

Thanks. I ended up saving it for another day. Probably end up going to Acton Bridge. Only problem is that it seems less trains come to and from there.

Callum.

D1009

Established Member
Thanks. I ended up saving it for another day. Probably end up going to Acton Bridge. Only problem is that it seems less trains come to and from there.

Callum.

I'd say Hartford is boring photographically, in a fairly deep cutting. Acton Bridge will offer more possibilities.

Holly

Thanks. I ended up saving it for another day. Probably end up going to Acton Bridge. Only problem is that it seems less trains come to and from there. ....
Definitely folding bike country if arriving by train.
Acton Bridge is good, but there millions of photos around.

Something unusual for the archives would be the infrequent workings on Hartford Curve, bike essential to explore thereabouts though.

Not like the old days though (1950s), back then you could wander across the fields with a couple of thermoses of tea and a packet of biscuits and quite possibly find a platelayer gang to share them with. Who would be happy to let you hang out in their hut at Wallerscote sidings and even give tips on watching signals and shooting photos. ICI sidings active, Hartford Coal Depot in use, different world.

Status
Not open for further replies.