• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Quiet coaches" : what constitutes unacceptable noise ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essexman

Established Member
C2C had a 'Meet the Manager' session at Fenchurch Street last week. I asked what they intend to do about quiet coaches as so many blatantly disregard the signs. The answer was they'd try to have more security patrols on trains but really expected quiet coaches to be self policing.

That day I asked one person not to use their mobile and another passenger asked someone else.

On a 23 minute journey from Fenchurch Street on a quiet journey in the middle of the day today, four people made mobile calls and one played loud music - but turned it down when I asked.

I estimate that 80% of the culprits on the C2C line are passengers using Barking station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stewart

I estimate that 80% of the culprits on the C2C line are passengers using Barking station.

Did it make you mad? :lol:

In the quiet coach I listen to music using in-ear headphones. I start the music with the headphones out to check that the volume isn't audible.

Usually I prefer to travel without music, however as so many people have noisy headphones I take mine with me as a defence mechanism to drown out their noise.

Justin Smith

I sent an E mail to the three train companies which I would normally use (EM trains, EC trains & XC trains) asking about their attitude to noise in the "Quiet coach" and in particular overspill from personal stereos.

This is the reply from East Midland Trains :

The quiet coach should be a quiet coach. However, it is up to the Train Staff to manage the noise levels and if somebody does have head phones on and there is an over spill of music that is particularly noisy then our staff should ask them to turn the music down or ask them to move into a different coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.