• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

R.I.P Frank Kelly (1938-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

backontrack

Established Member
Sad news, as the Irish actor Frank Kelly has died aged 77. He was known for playing Father Jack Hackett in the sitcom Father Ted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-35682191
Irish actor Frank Kelly, best known for playing Father Jack in the comedy Father Ted, has died aged 77. Kelly had been a veteran of the stage and screen for 60 years.
As well as appearing on the Channel 4 sitcom Father Ted, Kelly had more recent roles in Emmerdale and Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie.
The actor passed away exactly 18 years after the death of his Father Ted co-star Dermot Morgan. He died on Sunday 28 February 1998.
Mr Morgan's son, Don Morgan, tweeted about the coincidence of the date....
The anniversary thing is very poignant.

Will watch an episode of Father Ted tonight in his memory.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Strathclyder

Established Member
Man, that sucks. :(

Like most of us, I'll always remember him as Father Jack Hackett (DRINK!!). Him passing away exactly 18 years after Dermot Morgan is a bit spooky, but very poignant indeed...

R.I.P.

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
I know, right? First Bowie, then Alan Rickman, and now Frank Kelly?

2016 sucks. I hate cancer.

dgl

Established Member
Only one thing to say really 'F eck'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.