• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Racist Passenger Convicted For Verbally Abusing Gateline Staff At Lime Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoniC

Builder launched racist rant at Lime Street guards who wanted to see his ticket

"I should smash your face in. I'll have you for dinner. I'll chin you."

A builder who hurled racist abuse at train station staff narrowly avoided being jailed - after a judge heard he apologised for his actions.

Liverpool crown court heard Andrew Randall, 38, became “agitated and angry” while trying to board a train to London at Lime Street station on May 8 this year.

Randall, of Hawfinch Walk, Chelmsford, arrived “two to three minutes” before the 6.48pm Virgin Trains service was due to depart, carrying two pizza boxes.

When asked at the barriers for his ticket by worker Muhammed Waza, he replied: “They’re in there somewhere, just let me get on the train”. He then produced 12 old tickets when Mr Waza tried to help him.

After being told he could not board the train without a ticket Randall, who had been drinking, attempted to push a second worker out of the way.

He called both men “F***ing Muslim P**i bearded c***s” and was arrested.

Derek Jones, prosecuting, said: “There was no racist language until three or four minutes after the initial incident. It was thought he had calmed down.

“He seemed to take a particular dislike to one of the men, threatening him and saying: “I should smash your face in, I’ll have you for dinner, I’ll chin you”.”

When arrested, Randall initially denied using racist language but admitted calling one of the men a “jobsworth”.

He later pleaded guilty to two charges of racially aggravated intentional harassment....
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/builder-launched-racist-rant-lime-12207329#rlabs=1%20rt$sitewide%20p$16

I guess he spectacularly failed the attitude test ....

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duncanp

Established Member
I wish that people like this could be banned from the railway, with the threat of prison if they do not comply.

Not only is his racist behaviour bad enough, but he was trying to get on a train with two pizza boxes, and no doubt he would have proceeded to eat the contents during his journey, thereby stinking the carriage out with his smelly food whilst not giving a fig for anyone else.

Good. How some people still think it's ok to speak to another human being like that amazes me.

Antman

Established Member
I wish that people like this could be banned from the railway, with the threat of prison if they do not comply.

Not only is his racist behaviour bad enough, but he was trying to get on a train with two pizza boxes, and no doubt he would have proceeded to eat the contents during his journey, thereby stinking the carriage out with his smelly food whilst not giving a fig for anyone else.

Indeed, at very least a three month ban from all railway premises.

Blamethrower

Good. How some people still think it's ok to speak to another human being like that amazes me.

Like it or not, these people continue to exist and we have to accept that they exist and cater for them just in the same way that we cater for everyone.

We may not like them but we should respect it, regardless of how you personally feel about it.

bnm

Established Member
Like it or not, these people continue to exist and we have to accept that they exist and cater for them just in the same way that we cater for everyone.

We may not like them but we should respect it, regardless of how you personally feel about it.

I'm sorry? We should respect and cater for those who hurl racist abuse and threaten violence?

Really? :roll::o

DarloRich

Veteran Member

yes we will treat them like other criminals - by locking them up :roll:

EDIT - can i just check: Are you saying it is perfectly acceptable to racially abuse someone without penalty?

Yes what a despicable man - Imagine carrying takeaway onto a train. :roll: I am not sure that is of a similar gravity to racially abusing a man going about his work but each to their own.

Last edited:

jaigee

I'm sorry? We should respect and cater for those who hurl racist abuse and threaten violence?

Really? :roll::o

Perhaps Blamethrower wants two ticket staff, one for "White British" and one for "The Rest"! <(

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Veteran Member

So we should tolerate someone being called a f*****g Muslim Paki bearded c**t, and take no action?

No, you don't tolerate that kind of abuse at all!

I will never "cater" for anyone that chooses to treat my colleagues like that, in fact I will go out of my way to ensure their journey doesn't happen. Have done before will do again. It's not on.

Antman

Established Member
yes we will treat them like other criminals - by locking them up :roll:

EDIT - can i just check: Are you saying it is perfectly acceptable to racially abuse someone without penalty?

What he said was clearly unacceptable, without going into racial issues.

He wasn't locked up and probably rightly so.

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
What he said was clearly unacceptable, without going into racial issues.

He wasn't locked up and probably rightly so.

he was sentenced to prison suspended for a period of time which seems about right. If he is before the court during that time he will find himself banged up pdq.

Antman

Established Member

Whilst I agree about the stench of takeaway food on trains there is no law against it indeed there are takeaway outlets in many of the larger stations.

Darandio

Established Member

If that upsets you, you probably won't get on with many of your fellow forumites. Try this thread...... http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=117220

Burger King, Chip Shop, you name it. :lol:

Pizzas are tame by comparison.

duncanp

Established Member
Whilst I agree about the stench of takeaway food on trains there is no law against it indeed there are takeaway outlets in many of the larger stations.

Just because something is sold at a railway station doesn't mean you can use it on a train.

After all, WH Smith sells cigarettes, and Boots sells condoms.<D

Paul180

I have seen a poster at some SWT stations what says something along the lines of. Withdrawal of permission You can be banned from this station for been abusive to staff, other passengers, drug use, drunkenness ect. But I suppose this can only be enforced at manned stations.

I think there was a case awhile ago were someone was banned from certain part of a line and stations.

With all the technology we have now I don't see why we cannot have something like Pub Watch but enforced with cctv facial recognition at more remote unmanned stations.

For people who don't know what pub watch is, if you have been a naughty boy or girl in a pub, club etc you will have your photo taken and pasted round all the pubs in the area and there will be a monthly? Meeting and decided how long you will be banned for an I think there's an national pub watch for really naughty people and you name goes on a list display in the pub but not normal the photo.

Last edited:

Polarbear

Established Member
Just because something is sold at a railway station doesn't mean you can use it on a train.

Well cigarettes can't be used on board a train. Nowt to stop other products being used on the train though - ;)

duncanp

Established Member
Well cigarettes can't be used on board a train. Nowt to stop other products being used on the train though - ;)

Well that's useful to know, that there isn't a law against condoms being "used" on a train. :lol:

Clip

Established Member

Words actually fail me that you would honestly think this was bad let alone then carry on and write it out. This forum never fails to amaze.

The racist behaviour is all that matters here ffs. :roll:

PR1Berske

Established Member

We should cater for people who hurl racist abuse at railway employees?

Spamcan81

How about the food that's sold on board trains? Are you suggesting that it should not be consumed until you have deboarded?

Polarbear

Established Member
Back to the topic at hand - glad this vile individual got some form of punishment, though a suspended sentence is not sufficient in my book. There's no need for that sort of abuse at all, which is an extreme example of what, unfortunately, many staff on the front line experience every day.

Last edited:

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
A racist idiotic half wit hurled racist abuse at 2 people doing their jobs. The shock is he was actually caught, prosecuted and sentenced

Polarbear

Established Member
But he wasn't taken off the streets, was given a 15 week term but suspended for 12 months.

Noted - I've amended my post thanks.

Should have been taken off the streets though - and for a long time if I had anything to do with it! <D

Status
Not open for further replies.