• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail 546

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
Hi, anybody subscribe to Rail here? If so, has anybody seen any pix of 47714 in the latest edition (Wednesday for non subscribers)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
47714 is there on P50, hauling 91129 and a rake of Mk3's to Doncaster on 31/7; pic credited to Ross Byers.

Gareth Hale

Im subscribed but I get it two weeks late because of my Location, ive just got RAIL 544

Sprog

Established Member
RAIL is crap.

and it gets worse each time.

I killed my subscription months ago..saves me 3quid per fortnight......

jonb

Established Member
Sprog said:
RAIL is crap.

and it gets worse each time.

I killed my subscription months ago..saves me 3quid per fortnight......

Agreed, really has gone downhill now...

Craig

Established Member
I prefer RailNews and Inside Track, although they're more for staff than enthusiasts.

Guinness

Established Member
Craig said:
I prefer RailNews and Inside Track, although they're more for staff than enthusiasts.

I've read RailNews a couple of times. I find it's more about financial news.

Craig

Established Member
As I said, it's more of a staff paper. It does have the occasional interesting article. All depends what you're interested in I guess.

I prefer Railways Illustrated and Heritage Railway myself. LIAR and the Beano are total claptrap.

Nick

47205 said:
I prefer Railways Illustrated and Heritage Railway myself. LIAR and the Beano are total claptrap.

HR is full of typos! RI is just photos from a while ago, The Railway Magazine seems the best for me at the moment, plenty of news on main line, preservation and really good articles on stuff (even if the August issue is dealing with Junes preservation news)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I used to read Modern Railways - but found it contained too many pictures of 'Penguins' and way too much text all crammed into one page.
I also used to read Todays Railways - but the news in it seemed out of date, but I like the comments from the Editor and some of the articles they do - the current issue has something calling for more electrification to go with the HS2 (HST2), rather than just opting for the "cheap" option.
I currently get RI on a subscription, and buy Rail every fortnight - I quite like it.

devon_metro

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Rail is good, I enjoy it, plus £3 a fortnight is hardly anything to loose sleep over.

What if you live in Africa with no food or water. £3 is like th lottery.

And who are you telling to get a life in your sig. I find that quite offensive.

Sprog

Established Member
Craig said:
As I said, it's more of a staff paper. It does have the occasional interesting article. All depends what you're interested in I guess.

RailStaff.jpg

Dont forget this baby aswell!

Staff only, whihc of course i now am ;) 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.