• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail 547

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I'm gonna be away for a few days soon :). So I won't see Rail on Wednesday :(. For anyone who has a sub, are there any shots of 37405 or 47841 in there?

Thanks..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joe H said:
I'm gonna be away for a few days soon :). So I won't see Rail on Wednesday :(. For anyone who has a sub, are there any shots of 37405 or 47841 in there?

Thanks..

Are they your photos?

Dennis

Established Member
Couldn't spot any - doesn't seem to be as many pics in the 'new look' Rail, although there is a full page devoted to a head and shoulders shot of Elaine Holt!

(I that split ends I detect? Smashing set of gnashers though :love4: )

evil_hippo

Rail is just more tabloid than ever. Especially with page 8. I only still buy it for Barry Doe and Christian Wolmar really.

Guinness

Established Member
If Rail had a couple of Page 3 Girls stood next to a HST I'm sure it would get a few more readers, notably me. ;)

Nick W

Established Member
Chaz said:
If Rail had a couple of Page 3 Girls stood next to a HST I'm sure it would get a few more readers, notably me. ;)
Hmm when i get a camera I'll see if I can find any willing models and take pics and send them in.

Guinness

Established Member
Reminds me when I did this:
GCR_Girl.jpg

bunnahabhain

Established Member
You dissapoint me Chaz, why the hell did you not use Gill Sans MT font?

You are a disgrace to the Jono & Jamie Clique! You're a very disgraceful desperate gripper. ;)

Guinness

Established Member
Jamie said:
You dissapoint me Chaz, why the hell did you not use Gill Sans MT font?

You are a disgrace to the Jono & Jamie Clique! You're a very disgraceful desperate gripper. ;)

It's not on my Windows(R) System Jamie.

I'm a Disgrace to the Gripping World.

Nick

I think Chaz may have earned a new position, Disgraceful Gripper :( (too cack to be a Desperate Gripper)

jonb

Established Member
Used to buy Rail when it was good all the time but gave up since this 'Richard Clinnick' joined (Replacing Pip) Seems to know nothing and whatever about the current scene and what happened to all the news? Not worth £3 thats for sure....

rmt

jonb said:
Used to buy Rail when it was good all the time but gave up since this 'Richard Clinnick' joined (Replacing Pip) Seems to know nothing and whatever about the current scene and what happened to all the news? Not worth £3 thats for sure....

Not bought it since PD left.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Chris Gilson (who also did some of the traction/preservation stuff) has also left in the past few weeks. Browsing the latest issue in WHS the other day, I noticed they are advertising for a news & features writer - with part of the wording something like "you have to be more than just an enthusiast".

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I don't waste my money on any magazines, much better and I'm £3.50 at the minimum a month better off for it. I spend shed loads of time on t'internet, notably rail forums, though.

jdjonnay

Urrr, even when I was fully into rail stuff I avoided "rail" like the plauge, it was cack.

PD did my head in too, can't remember what it was but every time I read something by him it wound me up. I need to remember what it was that made me dislike him so much...

Status
Not open for further replies.