• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Adhesion Train Central Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahrainLad

Living about 50m from the Central line just north of Snaresbrook station I can hear the rumble of the RAT going past. It's quite noticeable how much more noise 1967 stock makes on the rails vs 1992!

It seems to come southbound around 1030, 1530 and 2030 returning north about 15 minutes later (presumably after reversing at Leytonstone).

Does anyone know for how long it will operate for? Until December? I must confess I quite like the noise and 'nostalgia' of having an old train rumble past a few times a day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluegoblin7

Established Member
The train is 1962 stock, not 1967. There is an 8-car variant on the east end and a 5-car variant on the west end.

The trains are down to run until mid December, but this is dependant on the amount of leaves still on the trees. Once they’ve all fallen the mitigation trains will be withdrawn.

The timetables float around online, although it must be stressed that the Central line trains are all ‘Runs as required’ and as such may not run at all.

Unfortunately as these documents are all listed for staff use only I don’t feel comfortable linking to them, although I am sure someone else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.