• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Blue Class 86

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomBoyRacer

I thought the virgin 86 painted in 1960s BR livery had been scrapped a while back, but today i saw a class 86 (86240 i think) in 1960s BR livery looking ex works at derby. Can anyone shed any light on this, tell me when this happened and who owns it?

cheers

my first post by the way

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Wasn't the only Virgin BR Blue painted AC loco 87001? I know there is meant to be a new blue liveried AC loco for the Blue Pullman services but once again it is an 87. I'm interested now too! :D

Established Member
Tis 233. Its being overhauled for use by Fragonset, presumably primarily for the Blue Pullman to save the hiring of a GBRf 87. Don't know if it will work "normal" tours, i'd imagine they will base it at East Ham.

It was previously stored at Oxley after the end of its use on Virgin just over three years ago now
Not sure if it owned by FM outright or remains with HSBC.

Edit:Coxster 86233 is/was Electric blue rather than 87001s BR Blue, 001 is static at NRM.

TomBoyRacer

it looked like it had just come out of the RTC works. i wonder if i'm the first person to notice this?,,,

metrocammel

As Mr. Howard of Effingham has said Can233 was dumped at Oxley for ages, but then got moved a while back (and it looked in a right state - very faded and emblems removed), but now looking at the pic in the magazine it looks very well again, and is apparently going to be doing the Blue Pullmans (as it matches the train well) - there is also another Can to be treated- in Blue Pullman livery.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
86233 is now back at Oxley awaiting a test run

Status
Not open for further replies.