• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail booking API

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning,

I've been a silent reader of this forum for a while and you all seem vey knowledgeable so I thought I'd ask here.

I am building a rail application so users can buy train tickets online similar to any of the retailing websites. I am researching getting a full RDG third party retail licence. In parallel I am also exploring the possibility of becoming a sub-licensee of one of the vendors that already have a Third party licence and using their API to book tickets.

Hence, I want to get access to a Rail ticket booking API of one of these vendors. Some of the vendors I have spoken to e.g. Trainline want me to already have a large volume of transactions before they give access - chicken and egg problem.

Do you know anyone that offers access to their rail ticket booking API and allows affiliates to sell tickets using the RDG sub-license route? - this needs to be an API and not an affiliate link.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I think you need to explain a little more the context and your purpose before anyone on the forum with appropriate knowledge would be willing to divulge much.

Stow

Morning,

I want to get access to a Rail ticket booking API. Some of the vendors I have spoken to e.g. Trainline want me to already have a large volume of transactions before they give access - chicken and egg problem, and some of the others e.g. Raileasy seem very disorganised and I am not sure if I want to run my business using them.

Do you know anyone that offers access to their rail ticket booking API and allows affiliates to retail tickets using the RDG sublicense route? - this needs to be an API and not an affiliate link.

Thanks.

You could try https://www.ontrackretail.co.uk don't know about technical details though I'm afraid

Thanks I will speak to them. Their technology stack looks very good. I do not think they have a third party retailing licence though so I would still need to get one from RDG before I can use ontrackrail.

Booked a face-to-face in a few days time with ontrackretail. I will explore that option as well.

You guys got any more ideas of suitable vendors?

Last edited:

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
My (other) company, FastJP offer an API which provides full timetabling, fares, split tickets and retailing functions (so no third party licence needed).

We don't have any minimum number of transactions, nor do we charge anything up front.

Let me know if you want to meet up, or want more details.

hi. I don't see FastJP on the list of ATOC approved TIS. What are you using for your ticket purchasing and retailing stack?

Last edited:

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Sorry PaulWy. FastJP is actually an approved journey planner rather than a TIS, which you use with your own third party licence.

However, we also offer a product called SAS (SplitR Affiliate Service) which seamlessly links FastJP to Raileasy's approved TIS. This gives you a full ticket searching and booking API all in one place, provided you have the skills available to program such a site.

The alternative turnkey solution is a white label to the TrainSplit site, which you could have up and running within days, but which has a lower percentage "cut" of the income and no ability to customise anything except the home page (and obviously things like logos).

Let me know if any of these options interest you, or anyone else reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.