• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Booking Form - Seeking Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
As many of you may know, we'll soon be releasing a major improvement to TrainSplit, using a brand new journey planner called SplitR. We'll make a further announcement about this nearer the time, but it's pretty innovative and we think that you'll like it.

We're looking for someone who's interested in writing an HTML5 form (using Javascript and css) to select the origin, destination, dates, times, numbers of passengers, railcards and various advanced options, and then hand this data off to TrainSplit. It will need to talk to an API to get the lists of stations, railcards etc. and we'll give all the technical details of this to the person doing the work.

Obviously we will pay you for your work.

Third parties (anyone who's interested, whether commercial, charity or hobbyist) will be permitted to modify this page to fit their needs (such as setting colour schemes or even adjusting the layout) and then insert it into their own websites. They will get a revenue share for all bookings.

If you, or someone you know, is interested in this, would you please contact me for further details.

Note: I have received permission from the site moderators to post this in this sub-forum.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rover

I cannot help you with the design but in relation to revenue share would you consider having an affiliate program for third parties for example through "affiliate window" or "tradedoubler" etc. ?

Kev

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Yes. If you are able to drive traffic to the site, whether through your own booking form on your own website, or through some ad network you would be able to claim a revenue share for sales that you originated.

The purpose of this request is specifically to design a form that existing webmasters can include on their sites (and can customise, particularly the advanced options) in an innovative way which would give users a better range of options for their rail travel than they currently have, both in terms of routes and split tickets.

I cannot help you with the design but in relation to revenue share would you consider having an affiliate program for third parties for example through "affiliate window" or "tradedoubler" etc. ?
Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.