• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail commuters face more delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/4292788.stm

Commuters in Warwickshire are facing more delays to rail services following an arson attack on signalling equipment at the weekend.
Passengers travelling to Birmingham on the Dorridge and Stratford lines are being warned the service will not return to normal until next week.

Central Trains said it has been forced to operate an emergency timetable until signalling repairs are completed.

One train an hour will operate from Dorridge and Stratford to the city.

Trains leaving Birmingham's Snow Hill for Dorridge and Stratford will also operate only once an hour.

Bus service

Meanwhile trains between Snow Hill and Stourbridge Junction will operate half hourly. Travel West Midlands is continuing to accept train tickets on relevant bus services.

Earlier this week, Railtrack offered a £50,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of those responsible for the arson attack.

It is thought that equipment cabinets between Small Heath and Tyseley stations in Birmingham were set on fire at about 2100 BST on Sunday.

It is being linked to a series of similar incidents in the West Midlands and Warwickshire area and British Transport Police are investigating.

This is the latest in a series of attacks. Will they ever catch this person? I certainly hope so. Will he be punished accordingly? Again, I hope so but sadly I doubt it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It is very sad that someone would want to damage our infastructure in this way :(

I really hope that he is caught.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Third time this happened. This person must know what they are doing to cause maxium disruption

Sprog

Established Member
matt said:
Third time this happened. This person must know what they are doing to cause maxium disruption

More than the third time isnt it :(....

Theres been incidents all over East Brum.

£50,000 reward curtosy of NR for any information leading to a conviction...

SCUM <(

Hope the BTP hurry up and catch 'it' :x

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The ones I know of were Marston Green, Water Orton and now Small Heath

Status
Not open for further replies.