• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail compensation vouchers on oyster

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbb

I have about £250 of rail vouchers sent to me over the last year by virgin trains as compensation for various late trains on my annual season ticket over the last months. However I'm not going to be renewing my season ticket as I'll be living in London instead. Is it possible to put these vouchers towards an annual oyster zone 1-2 travelcard?

I've seen some threads on here talk about using them to pay for credit on an oyster card but nothing about using them towards part of the cost of a travelcard? Can I assume that is also possible?

(If not, what, if anything can I do with them as I won't be using many trains? Is it possible to sell them? It doesn't say anywhere on them that I can see that they are for my personal use only?)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yes it is possible. They are valid for purchasing any product that has validity on National Rail services.

Although you can buy from LU, you have more changeover rights if you buy from one of the few TOC ticket offices that can handle Oyster (such as Marylebone)

jbb

Thank you.
I found more information on here and elsewhere with better searches too.

Status
Not open for further replies.