• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail compensation vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendalian

Hi, lurked for a long time but finally registered!

Can anyone help? I have £200 of delay compo vouchers from Virgin West Coast. Can I use these to buy railrover tickets?

Planning to buy a North West Rover (£73) and a Freedom of Scotland (£134) both 4 days in 8 and combining the journeys with a 3 nights stop overs in Inverness and Glasgow.

Cheers...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Can anyone help? I have £200 of delay compo vouchers from Virgin West Coast. Can I use these to buy railrover tickets?
Simple answer - if it's a rail product that you can buy in a ticket office, you can buy it with RTVs.*

*There's probably a few exceptions but I don't know what they are.

Kendalian

Simple answer - if it's a rail product that you can buy in a ticket office, you can buy it with RTVs.*

*There's probably a few exceptions but I don't know what they are.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Just wanted to check before I booked accommodation....:D

mad_rich

I'm pretty sure you can buy tickets for Heathrow Express with them. What you cannot do is buy tickets from Heathrow Express with them.

Yep, I've bought HEX tickets with vouchers from the FGW ticket office at Paddington.

I don't think you can do so at Heathrow, because the ticket office there is operated by HEX.

Kendalian

Ticket "bought" ok today, just bought the FOS ticket and getting a lift to Carlisle.

Crazy value really, £134 normal price for the run of Scotland for 4 days.

Itinery looks like Carlisle-Edinburgh-Inverness (o/n stay). INV to Kyle and return then INV to Aberdeen (o/n stay).

Day3 - Sub to change but provisionally ABD to Edinburgh then Tweedbank return then to Glasgow via A to B route. O/N at Glasgow then day 4 to Oban and return then back to Carlisle.

Cant wait...roll on tomorrow :D

talldave

Established Member
Enjoy! I hope you don't run up any more delays on your delay funded trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.