• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Europe Refund Process. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
I've requested a refund for unused tickets booked on Rail Europe and received the following instructions by email:

Thank you for your refund request. We have begun the process of refunding your booking, but as the tickets have been collected, we are required to ask you to return them.
This normally has to be done by post, but as this would mean an unnecessary trip to the post office, and given the current situation, we have decided to offer an alternative.
If you could, please reply to this email with the following:
1. Attach a photograph of each of your tickets to the email (one photo including them all is fine)
2. Invalidate the tickets by either a) cutting them in half, or b) clearly writing "VOID" across the front of them
3. Attach the 2nd photograph of each invalidated ticket
Once we have received the images, we will complete your refund as quickly as possible.

What exactly do I need to send by email? Is it a first photo with the tickets as normal, then a second with them "invalidated"? Do I only need to attach one image or 2? Thanks.

Finally, does anyone know how long Rail Europe are currently taking to process refunds?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
Thanks. I'll do that. A first picture with the tickets as normal and then a second with them cut in half.

Also, the refund process online didn't ask for a reason for requesting it but calculated it correctly regardless. Is this anything to be concerned about? If they proceed with the refund amount given on the confirmation page on their site, all good, but if they start adding charges later then that would be a problem.

Does anyone know how long Rail Europe are currently taking to process refunds?

Thanks.

gray1404

Established Member
Photos accepted and received email back this morning confirming refund back onto card used for the correct amount. Great service!

Status
Not open for further replies.