• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail forum Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
I think he would be a bad journalist if he didn't get hints from here. Obviously not writing a whole story based on here though.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I think he would be a bad journalist if he didn't get hints from here. Obviously not writing a whole story based on here though.

I concur, but I don't think everything on here is used as gospel, especially not for news or a lengthy article.

Schnellzug

Established Member
I rather like this targeted advertising.

Private jet from 1790£/h
Your private jet to New York Quality, security at the best price

If this is the kind of potential customer they have me pegged as, I can live with that.

Schnellzug

Established Member
Now I'm beginning to getw orried. "Demon Eradicator
Beware, Demons Are On The Rise. Contact Dr. Hassan For More Info!"

(Not from here.)

Wyvern

Established Member
Google Adsense does not scan your browsing history in order to match adverts to you, but as I stated, scans the page for relevent keywords in order to match adverts to that particular page.

Google Adwords help: What are AdChoices?

While Google often shows you ads based on the content of the page you are viewing, we also show some ads based on the types of websites you visit, view, or where you interact with an ad or other Google product supported by Google's advertising services.

I nearly always get Wiltshire Foods or Grattans, which a bit daft as I deal with them anyway. I'm also getting a lot of ads for Red Diesel. What's that about? I dont even have a vehicle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.