• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail forums.co.uk redirecting to wiserapps.site false virus alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrd

Established Member
It was supposed to be a subtle dig at Android ;)

Although the issue doesn’t appear to exist on real computers using Chrome, only mobile devices.
Oh I got the dig, just wanted to defend the better mobile operating system :p

I've not had any problems with either PC or mobile versions of Chrome

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdq

I've made the change suggested on the AndroidPolice site linked earlier. Will see if that makes any difference one way or another.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Well, I've been browsing using my phone for the last hour, and so far I've not had any issues at all with the redirects. Sorted! :)

njamescouk

not had it on here but have had similar junk from searches on duck duck go. only happened on the phone.

najaB

Veteran Member
Although the issue doesn’t appear to exist on real computers using Chrome, only mobile devices.
That said, it wouldn't be much use targeting a 'Your phone is full of viruses' popup at people using a real computer. :p

Clip

Established Member
It was supposed to be a subtle dig at Android ;)

yeah never have a problem using chrome on my laptop - this is a works phone and pretty sure its up to date but will check the link mojo provided earlier.

TUC

Established Member
I've the same issue several times, usually a supposed virus message, each time it's been when using the forum. It wouldn't clear and so have had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome on several occasions.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I haven't experienced this yet, even though I use chrome on an Android smartphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.