• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Freight Movement ( London )

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneBarker

Can anybody point me in the right direction , i am looking for alot of rail freight action within London . Any places i should visit ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steve14

Can anybody point me in the right direction , i am looking for alot of rail freight action within London . Any places i should visit ?

- Acton Mainline
- Nunhead route
- Stratford (correct me someone if I am wrong)
- Willesden Junction

GB

Established Member
While the route via Primrose Hill is shut I'd say one of the stations between Gospel Oak and Kensal Rise as you should see the same trains you would see at Stratford as well as the GOBLIN line and diverted traffic.

However I don't know what the stations are actually like to be on re staff and vantage points etc etc.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
While the route via Primrose Hill is shut I'd say one of the stations between Gospel Oak and Kensal Rise as you should see the same trains you would see at Stratford as well as the GOBLIN line and diverted traffic.

Just a quick question; why is the freight line via Primrose Hill currently shut?

richieb1971

Established Member

Freightmaster

Established Member
If it helps, all the places mentioned in this topic (except Hither Green!)
have up to date and accurate FMonline timetables, with all the non-runners
removed, so you can quickly see the number of trains likely to run and their
motive power on any given day. :)

MARK

ShaneBarker

If it helps, all the places mentioned in this topic (except Hither Green!)
have up to date and accurate FMonline timetables, with all the non-runners
removed, so you can quickly see the number of trains likely to run and their
motive power on any given day. :)

MARK

Has to be Acton Main Line, Stratford for me

ShaneBarker

Was at Acton Maine today for 4 hours

Total amount of locomotives 31

Well happy , another trip planned soon

ShaneBarker

I have found out that Acton Main Line is good up until 4:30pm on week days , from 6 until 10 i have found out Willesden Junction can be busy

palmersears

Established Member
I had a very enjoyable afternoon at Acton Main Line/Ealing Broadway on Monday, saw plenty of workings with a decent bit of variety.

Willesden the same evening was also very fruitful for everything going to/from Kenny Olyimpia and the WCML, particularly when viewed from the footbridge over the latter. I did therefore miss out on the workings via the Kensal Green chord, but they are few and far between in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.