• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengal

Does anyone know of any good insurance companies i can get rail insurance from? i have been asked to get it as a requirement as i am a testing commission engineer but am not having much luck...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
What kind of insurance do you mean?

I believe either virgin trains or thetrainline offers insurance in the event of injury of loss of money etc through travelling when on a specific booked through them.

But if you mean specifically health insurance or something..?

Bengal

Sorry I meant public liability insurance I'm trying to look into wondered if there were many other rail workers on the site in the same position?

Old Timer

Established Member
I am rather surprised at this.

Are you working as a Ltd Company ? and if so are you on LinkUp.

If not, and you are going through another Company, they are responsible for the PI Liability, not you, under their LinkUp approval.

I know of individuals working part time on the Infrastructure as TIC/Testers who do not have this problem through their arrangements.

PM me if you prefer to keep the details private and want to know any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.