• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Maps/Track Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony1715au

Hi I am new to this i was just wondering where i can get track diagrams or maps of the rail system in UK for a simulation project i am working on.Thanks in advance:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Or Quail Maps.

Track Maps have a bit more detail tbh. However none of them offer any real geographical detail, reference points or context as they are line diagrams not maps.

Roylang

Or Quail Maps.

Track Maps have a bit more detail tbh. However none of them offer any real geographical detail, reference points or context as they are line diagrams not maps.

They are the same thing - IIRC Track Maps bought Quail. If you follow the link given you will see plenty of reference to Quail.

Roy

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
They are the same thing - IIRC Track Maps bought Quail. If you follow the link given you will see plenty of reference to Quail.

I was just going to post that. My recently purchased vol 5 front cover reads:

' Quail Track Diagrams
a TRACKmaps publication'

tony1715au

Hi Bastiaan yes I am looking to make a track file for Train Dispatcher program.This is the simulation program i have obtained it is very similar to SimSig:D

broodje

If you want to simulate any signalling you will need more than just the track diagrams. You would also need to know the shapes of the TC (track circuits) the used signals, overlaps etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.